Gross Spend / Net Spend / Wages

Which is most important ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite simply; none of them.

Some would be happy just to spend money on anyone just for the sake of net spend. A couple of windows ago people were saying just sign anyone and we ended up with Niasse for £13 million who we definitely would have been better off without.
Better to buy what we are happy and confident with.

Oh yeah.

Cleverley circa £8M; Deulofeu £10M

So, that's -£10M spending so far....if that Lukaku deal gets bumped we'll be about -£20M for the summer.

No excuse to go big on a top striker then is there Dave?

Oh yeah.

Cleverley circa £8M; Deulofeu £10M

So, that's -£10M spending so far....if that Lukaku deal gets bumped we'll be about -£20M for the summer.

Exactly and the OS now has a story saying signings show how "far we have come"

False because with the Rom sale we will be minus spend. It's just to rejuvenate the fans with false news. Once the window is shut THEN we can say how far we have come or haven't

I find it hilarious when people moan that we've not spent anything when you take the Lukaku fee in to account against the players we've brought in. It's as if to say that Klassan, Keane, Pickford and Sandro are going to share the £75k pw or whatever Lukaku is on, when in reality it'll be about £250k pw. That may not be taking in to account agent's fee and player signing on fees.

Exactly and the OS now has a story saying signings show how "far we have come"

False because with the Rom sale we will be minus spend. It's just to rejuvenate the fans with false news. Once the window is shut THEN we can say how far we have come or haven't
Bingo. Prime example right here.

No excuse to go big on a top striker then is there Dave?

We need to buy the best we can realistically get. If that takes spending £60M, so be it.

Over to the 'change makers' at the club. They are under the microscope once that Lukaku cash comes in. They'll either show their ambition or just prove themselves the next in a long line of BS merchants.

I find it hilarious when people moan that we've not spent anything when you take the Lukaku fee in to account against the players we've brought in. It's as if to say that Klassan, Keane, Pickford and Sandro are going to share the £75k pw or whatever Lukaku is on, when in reality it'll be about £250k pw. That may not be taking in to account agent's fee and player signing on fees.
We have also gotten rid of a lot of players. Ultimately the squad size hence wages will be roughly the same.

Spending for the sake of it is of course, daft.

But net spend is of course a big indicator of intent/ambition - can't really hide away from that.

I'm confident we'll continue to spend...

No ones moaning. With the rom sale we will be minus spend. That's not to say we won't go and spend another 100m..

My point is that the OS are saying how far we've come when the window hasn't even shut yet.

Spending for the sake of it is of course, daft.

But net spend is of course a big indicator of intent/ambition - can't really hide away from that.

I'm confident we'll continue to spend...

I agree with this. I still think we will end up positive in our spending but the OS saying we've come far when we could actually end up minus spend is false. They should wait till the end of the window then they can say how ambitious they've been

Status
Not open for further replies.