Graham Stuart Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my favourite players.

I hold him in as high as regard as the league winners in the mid 80s.

The main reason is that he never hid.
Taking THAT penalty took real guts.
He always gave his all and I was so pleased that he achieved an FA Cup win with us. He deserved that for his heroics against Wimbledon.

He is also the only opposition goalscorer that I have ever stood up and applauded at Goodison when he played for Charlton.

A thoroughly decent bloke who took Everton to his heart.

Nice one Diamond.

Scored 14 goals for us in the 95/96 season playing as a forward. Really liked him and was gutted when Howard got rid for Carl Telfer* of all people.

*google has no record of such a player? Who am I thinking of? [Poor language removed] Charlton centre back we swapped him for. Have I gone mad?

Edit 2 - it was Carl Tiler and we signed him from Sheffield United (in a swap for Stuart) and sold him to Charlton where he said he was moving up in the world.

Scored 14 goals for us in the 95/96 season playing as a forward. Really liked him and was gutted when Howard got rid for Carl Telfer* of all people.

*google has no record of such a player? Who am I thinking of? [Poor language removed] Charlton centre back we swapped him for. Have I gone mad?

Edit 2 - it was Carl Tiler and we signed him from Sheffield United (in a swap for Stuart) and sold him to Charlton where he said he was moving up in the world.
Was just about to post it was Tiler mate. He was the walking definition of a yard dog CB.

His son plays rugby for one of the older teams at my lads rugby club, so I see him every other week. He's 100% down to earth and is just another parent on the sidelines. He's that low key, that my lad didn't believe he was an ex footballer until I showed him one of my DVDs. Top fella and is very entertaining when he does the after dinner stuff too.

Was one of my favourite players of the mid and late 90's team's.

Always put the effort in and was a little underrated in my opinion.

Very often used to see him in Southport, seemed a friendly guy.

They used to show live matches on a programme here in ireland called sports stadium. That was the match on that day.I sat in front of the box from 9am. Couldnt move. Had just started to go out with this decent looking girl and she had called over. I explained to her it wasnt the greatest day to hang around with me. She must have thought i was nuts. I went from curled up on the ground crying when they went 2 up to dancing on the roof of my neighbours car after drinking a bottle if tequila when stuart scored. Neighbour was a red who had been doing my head in all that week. Needless to say the girl didnt hang around. God knows where we would be if he hadnt slotted.everton i mean

Hi all. Seeing as he took the time out to speak to @Adam-GOTTV I thought today we could take a look at the Everton career of Graham Stuart. You can see the interview here: https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/media/facebook-live-with-graham-stuart-goodison-park-youtube.157/

That Wimbledon goal perhaps is THE most important goal (along with Gareth Farrely's don't forget) in the club's entire history. I shudder to think of what may have been today.

Here's THAT day.....

Also played his part in our last trophy win, he was signed by Howard Kendall in his second spell in charge from Chelsea. The club have clearly left a lasting impression on him as he now lives back on Merseyside and still works for the club.

After leaving Everton as a player, he always received a reception warmer than the one we gave to the contemporary Everton players in the same match, such was his impact on us here!

Great servant to Everton and a top bloke as well

I love Stuart in EvertonTV, but why did he became a Evertonian? He came from Chelsea.....

Once Everton touches you nothing will ever be the same!

He was a Chelsea fan as well as as player and was in good form first them, but he wasn't happy with a contract they offered him and he said when Everton came calling with a good offer it was a no brainer. Winning the FA Cup, Keeping us up from relegation etc is going to give anyone legend status, he knows he's absolutely loved by us hence he's a proper Evertonian.

Status
Not open for further replies.