GrandOldTeam TV GOT TV: Interview with Gavin Buckland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

Latest episode of GOT TV is out. It’s an interview with Gavin Buckland who’s author of 'Everton, Strange But Blue: Moments That Shocked and Surprised the Fans' and 'Never Mind the Toffees: The Ultimate Everton FC Quiz Book'.

He’s also Everton's official statistician, a script consultant for 'A Question of Sport', a Radio Merseyside regular and Royal Blue podcaster.

In this episode, Gavin shares his favourite Everton stories from down the years, including one about a dog getting an assist at West Bromwich Albion in the 80s.

We also talk about the level of scrutiny placed on player stats and how some players may even think about them too much.

Other topics include the atmosphere at Goodison during and after the Crystal Palace game and Koeman's start to life at Goodison.

Give it a watch here and if you enjoy please like and share:

It would be good to know how many of you tune in for these and if you enjoy them.

Thanks,
Adam

I watch most of these and have nothing but admiration for anyone who can talk coherently to a camera.

The ones which have really worked best are those where, like this one, you're just chatting with someone. They seem much more natural. The one's you do on your own are fine like, but the "proper" two way conversations are better.

Keep up the good work.

I worked with Gavin many years ago. Top bloke! Here's a pic I took of him last year at the old office reunion:

QOO1wi.jpg

I watch most of these and have nothing but admiration for anyone who can talk coherently to a camera.

The ones which have really worked best are those where, like this one, you're just chatting with someone. They seem much more natural. The one's you do on your own are fine like, but the "proper" two way conversations are better.

Keep up the good work.
I really enjoyed listening to the lads, certainly amusing stories from Gav and nice to hear someone with a brain talk about football stats
honestly. I think the only thing missing from the interviews, was a bit of bitterness and hatred for the RS. I realise that it must be
awkward meeting a player in the lounge after the game....a week after calling him a Tosser on the TV, but surely if thats your job,
then do it! Having had my usual moan, I'll look forward to Adams next show. Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.