GrandOldTeam TV GOT TV: Interview with Gavin Buckland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-GOTTV

Player Valuation: £8m
Hello everyone,

Latest episode of GOT TV is out. It’s an interview with Gavin Buckland who’s author of 'Everton, Strange But Blue: Moments That Shocked and Surprised the Fans' and 'Never Mind the Toffees: The Ultimate Everton FC Quiz Book'.

He’s also Everton's official statistician, a script consultant for 'A Question of Sport', a Radio Merseyside regular and Royal Blue podcaster.

In this episode, Gavin shares his favourite Everton stories from down the years, including one about a dog getting an assist at West Bromwich Albion in the 80s.

We also talk about the level of scrutiny placed on player stats and how some players may even think about them too much.

Other topics include the atmosphere at Goodison during and after the Crystal Palace game and Koeman's start to life at Goodison.

Give it a watch here and if you enjoy please like and share:

It would be good to know how many of you tune in for these and if you enjoy them.

Thanks,
Adam

Watched yesterday Adam, very good stuff mate, I like Gavin and his contributions to the Echo podcast, definitely has an eye for a stat.

Watched yesterday Adam, very good stuff mate, I like Gavin and his contributions to the Echo podcast, definitely has an eye for a stat.

Thanks for watching, Ian. And yea, Gavin is a really nice fella. I'll defo get him on again. It was quite interesting how even he thought fans take the whole stats thing too far, wasn't it? Mind you, I think he's more of a 'stats traditionalist'. Either way, I tend to agree.

If anyone has anybody in mind like Gavin who they think I should get on, let me know.

Thanks for watching, Ian. And yea, Gavin is a really nice fella. I'll defo get him on again. It was quite interesting how even he thought fans take the whole stats thing too far, wasn't it? Mind you, I think he's more of a 'stats traditionalist'. Either way, I tend to agree.

If anyone has anybody in mind like Gavin who they think I should get on, let me know.
I have watched it today Adam.

I think Matt Jones who does the Blue Room and a bit of Toffee TV is a very level headed knowledge lad.

Dunno if it's your thing, but if you're looking some everton inspired gangster rap then I can't recommend our very own Mick M highly enough.

A few lads who might help with some guests cos of their own books might be worth trying Adam. @alan ball on here maybe, or a bloke called Brian Viner, (FB nailed on), who has done a few on the Blues.

"Everton gangster rap"

Please elaborate on this for me @ToffeeTim.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/my-football-diary.60521/

This was his most notable GOT moment. Basically he's a huge blue and a boss rapper. My words can't really do him justice.

He put a sound clip of himself on a thread on here and it was lyrical magic. Unfortunately my searching skills aren't great and I can't find it.

@orly is your man for further details on Mick. You will read that thread and assume it's a wind up and not a real person. But @Mikey_Fitzgerald and others can vouch he is real. And a segment with him on youtube would be GOT Gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.