Gordon McQueen slags off McGeady & McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

@MailSport: BREAKING: Roy Keane has allegedly punched a fan outside the Republic of Ireland's hotel 48 hours before their Euro 2016 clash with Scotland
images
Just some old fella too. Disgraceful behaviour from Beardo.

Having watched young James from his first game at New Douglas Park until his last game at New Douglas Park I can honestly say that for all of my nearly 50 years of supporting the football club,I have seen the most talented,gifted and humble young footballer ever to don the red and white hoops.Now he,s at Everton and strutting his stuff,and I am more than delighted due to half my family staying in your your fine city,and,of course all being true blues ive won a watch !!!!I get to follow a very talented footballer at a great football club,go to as many games I can attend and I don't need to pay any digs !!! Winner all the way.As for the boo boys ! bring it on ! Have fond memories of him getting abuse from the Motherwell[and all other clubs,apart from celtic]fans with there"why don't you go home"chants,then Jamsey slotting in the winner[we won 2:0]and pointing to his name on the back of his shirt.Booing just makes him angry you see !!!!.He knew how to get it up them.B***er the boo boys.And that sentiment very much Includes Geads to.

Everton players aside he's spot on to be fair.

You should play for the country you're born in or if you left before the age of like 2, the country you were brought up in.

If you were born and raised in a country you should play for them, end of.

All this grandparents and school rules are ridiculous.

Well, in my opinion anyway.

See your point but I know many, many people born to Irish parents who lived their childhood in the UK, but still consider themselves Irish, so the geography isn't the only factor like.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/when-soccer-and-racism-collide-297645.html

This is what ("funny guy") Strachan and McQueen step into with their remarks.

Yeah it's shocking stuff, especially what Neil Lennon put up with, utmost respect for the guy in how he handled it!

The important thing to note though is that all of this anti-Irish hatred comes from rangers fans, who don't associate themselves with Scotland anyway (at least the hardcore ones don't)

Normal Scottish people don't have a problem with the Irish! I don't see this being like a rangers v Celtic game at all! It will be passionate though!

I'm not condoning what strachan and McQueen have said btw, they should know better!

Status
Not open for further replies.