Gordon Honeycombe RIP (co-wrote 'The Golden Vision' EFC play)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didn't know he co wrote TGV, or that he was a Blue, just read his obituary, what a life! Top bloke but more hair on a pane of glass.

I first remember Gordon as a newscaster for ITN when I was a kid....when they were household names - Reggie bevvy Bosanquet, Andrew Gardner etc. The Golden Vision blew everyone away...one of the new breed docu type drama with real live Scouse actors...but most of all Evertonians especially Bill Dean. Still remember us watching it in ours when I was a kid. Groundbreaking television from Neville Smith and Gordon.....May He Rest In Peace.

I first remember Gordon as a newscaster for ITN when I was a kid....when they were household names - Reggie bevvy Bosanquet, Andrew Gardner etc. The Golden Vision blew everyone away...one of the new breed docu type drama with real live Scouse actors...but most of all Evertonians especially Bill Dean. Still remember us watching it in ours when I was a kid. Groundbreaking television from Neville Smith and Gordon.....May He Rest In Peace.

Must of been happy times..... RIP Gordon

....had a few beers with friends today and we all acknowledged the contribution Gordon made to Everton's heritage. Not a bad old life the fella had, good on you.

Gordon Honeycombe has died aged 79. Most of his fame is from being a newsreader, particularly on TV-AM in the 1980s, but he was also a massive Evertonian who's big claim to fame and link with Everton was that he co-wrote the superb BBC 1968 play about a group of Evertonians, 'The Golden Vision'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34485074

Golden Vision:

1963 - nice shoes:)

78946738-football-18th-august-1963-england-everton-gettyimages.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.