Goodisons atmosphere ..is it in terminal decline ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The players need to show the passion and bottle for the fight. This is where we are missing the likes of Neville , Carsley etc....We need leaders on the pitch. I am sorry to say we have our fair share of players that seem to go missing.

*Ducks and waits for abuse to be thrown*

Right I am taking it apon myself to scream my arse off on sunday . I apologise beforehand to anyone sat near me :D

DO YOUR DUTY FOR EVERTON FC

i think the sad fact is that the way people 'support' a club has been on the decline for years all over england imo.

to me it just seems people have forgot how to have a good time while supporting.(without the aid of drinking swearing abusing or fighting).

some people go to the game just to abuse and criticise the players for 90 minutes.

some people go to the game to 'give it large' to opposing fans , just like that tosser danny dyer in the hooligans films they have watched.

some people are die hard fans , watched with there dad when they were little , never missed a game in 30 years ......and just sit there for 90 minutes munching on hotdogs and pies not muttering a sound other than tutting at the chavs and a cheer when we score.

we need to raise our game imo.

i think the aek athens fans were a big eye opener for me and a good example of what a supporter should be and act like.

there tempo was constant , they jumped , they shouted , they cheered , they collectivly had a good time , even though they lost.

i just wish goodison could match those standards of energy movement and noise a bit more consistantly than we have done of late.

It's up to the players and manager to play well, it's not surprising and entirely reasonable for fans to be quiet when the team under-performs for so long.

No. just terminally infected.

The cries of "No Kirby" rise above the cheers of "Feckin win Everton".

For that, I salute the football fans, and not the political ones.

Goodison is the old lady, and will not be tainted.

The lady must move on.

More football, less politics and the old lady will sing again.

(Maybe some of us should start meing more of a "support everton with vocals", and less of being the "**** our own [Poor language removed] off constantly red", think about it mates, and muppets"

This seasons 1-1 with Villa was a brilliant atmosphere, brutal, cold and gagging for another goal. Oh well. I'm so disappointed in Everton right now it's hard to cope with :/

It's up to the players and manager to play well, it's not surprising and entirely reasonable for fans to be quiet when the team under-performs for so long.

That's certainly half of it.

It's a chicken and egg situation -

Team not playing well, poor run of form = fans on a downer, no atmosphere.

No atmosphere, fans on their back = no inspiration for team.

What comes first? Let's start by getting behind them on Sunday, then it's up to the team.

That's certainly half of it.

It's a chicken and egg situation -

Team not playing well, poor run of form = fans on a downer, no atmosphere.

No atmosphere, fans on their back = no inspiration for team.

What comes first? Let's start by getting behind them on Sunday, then it's up to the team.

What comes first is that the players on £40k a week should be able to at least try and put in a performance regardless of what the crowd is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.