Goodison Park - The Breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jags

Player Valuation: £10m
For various reasons I have been unable to attend the match often over the years, but hope to now over the next few. Therefore, for us who are new to the whole match-going affair, can anyone give a good breakdown of what happens? Good boozers before the match, what time to head there, where is good in the ground to sit for families, where is good for a sing-song etc etc.

Any tips/tricks to enhance the match day experience would be much appreciated.

How bad is a restricted view ticket? They are cheaper...
Don't sit in the lower bullens with a restricted view . Like looking through a hole in a fence
Obviously different if it's a proper restricted (like behind a pillar) but this was row N (ish) in Lower Bullens 4, its near the back but the difference a few rows behind makes is ALOT. Took this recently when we played some small selling club:
12144887_10153019349777447_3276489921313450650_n.jpg

Upper Bullens is much better for views.

EDIT: Have a great day either way, hopefully with a win too!

Obviously different if it's a proper restricted (like behind a pillar) but this was row N (ish) in Lower Bullens 4, its near the back but the difference a few rows behind makes is ALOT. Took this recently when we played some small selling club: View attachment 14304

We desperately need a new stadium...

For various reasons I have been unable to attend the match often over the years, but hope to now over the next few. Therefore, for us who are new to the whole match-going affair, can anyone give a good breakdown of what happens? Good boozers before the match, what time to head there, where is good in the ground to sit for families, where is good for a sing-song etc etc.

Any tips/tricks to enhance the match day experience would be much appreciated.

All the local boozers are crap.
Get inside the ground at 2.55pm to save yourself the boredom of the pre match crap
Best view for the game is on the couch as all views are pretty crap
No singing takes place as that's Kopite behaviour

Apart from that though mate enjoy, not everyone's routine is the same as mine above ;)

Obviously different if it's a proper restricted (like behind a pillar) but this was row N (ish) in Lower Bullens 4, its near the back but the difference a few rows behind makes is ALOT. Took this recently when we played some small selling club: View attachment 14304

Great view,whats the matter with you?you can see me from there;)lol

Upper Bullens best view.
Lower Gwladys best atmosphere - don't tell Chico.
Families in the Family Enclosure, little bit less sweary.

I like drinking in The Brick, The Leigh Arms and if we want food we go the Thomas Frost which is a Wetherspoons on Walton Road.

Toilet facilities can be shabby in the ground so I finish my last pint half hour before the game so I don't wee myself.

If you're going with fam, I would advise getting in fifteen minutes before KO.

Programmes are crap unless you're a collector.

Status
Not open for further replies.