Goodison Matchday Routine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sit down 10 mins before match.

Look for a dodgy stream.

Look at GOT for 5 mins while loading.

Abuse Pickford/Keane/Sigurdsson for 5 minutes whilst not actually watching the game.

Find a dodgy stream with some crazy Middle Eastern commentators.

Enjoy dominating a game either a) without scoring or
b) conceding a crap goal.

Get off the sofa for half time stretch my legs and do anything but watch Everton highlights.

Settle in for the 2nd half, whilst a) we either look even worse 2nd half.
b) grasp defeat from the jaws of victory.

Invariably I’ll find something better to do.

Full time, sit and think what could have been or just cry inconsolably into pillow.

it has been different this year and long may it continue.

UTFT.

5 a.m. - check weather

6 a.m. - check blood pressure

9.30 a.m. - a short booing practice

11 a.m. - travel to pub

12.00 - light luncheon at The Lisbon. The poached haddock in a mousseline sauce is really rather good.

2.45 - take place in U Bullens

3.00 - offer it all up to God as penance for my many sins. (In previous seasons - not now of course.)

Back in my match-going years...

Mate's house for a lift to the ground or train into Liverpool and then Soccerbus
Have a drink or two in either The Brick, The Winslow or both
Chips & Curry Sauce from Goodison Supper Bar
Buy WSAG
Match...usually awful
Bus back to Lime St
Train home

Get to ground 10 mins before kick off. Avoid the excuse for food as I am a veggie. Sit in my seat and laugh at the moaning. Tell the flag waver to put the flag down. Tell half the Street End to sit down as the ball is on the half way line. Wave to the subs warming up. Tut as the Park End stand starts to empty in the last 20 minutes. Feel sorry for Siggy as he can no longer run. Smile when we win, moan when we lose. Go home. And how I miss it now, even more so now we have real players.

We will return, just stay safe everyone

Wake up at some ridiculous hour between 4-6am. Catch a flight. Try to fall asleep on flight. Get woken up by scratch-card adverts on flight. Curse flight. Drink coffee to try stay awake. Fall asleep. Wake back up. Arrive in Liverpool. Wander around aimlessly. Wish I brought warmer clothes. Get breakfast. Wander aimlessly. Arrive to the ground. Get squashed next to sweaty blokes in the Winslow. Drink several pints of piss water. Get excited for what's about to unfold. Inevitable crushing defeat.

I'd give my right bollock to have Everton as a local team.

as someone who didn’t have a season ticket I really enjoyed watching the YouTube videos of the game in changing room etc and then watching the game etc. But I do know that there are much more important things than that happening.

Full fry up 9am. Head round the ground an hour or two before kick off. Few pints on county road, curry chips in lucky dragon. Now and then then check out club shop, a can on spellow lane or pint in the Winslow, into the game. If we win usually a pint after in the winslow.

Miss it dreadfully . Who knows when we will all be back again

Status
Not open for further replies.