Goalkeeper next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Blue Watch

Player Valuation: £10m
So, do you reckon whoever comes in will replace Robles as number 1 next season?

He has done OK, certainly better than Howard, but I'm not convinced he's good enough if we are serious about challenging the top teams. I hope we'd go for a top class goalkeeper in the summer. Should we get De Boer as manager, one of the positives would be that surely we'd go after Cillessen.

Confidence is a fine thing, don't think he's done a lot wrong personally but the defence has been woeful. We need to get a good quality GK in and then we can have two keepers challenge each other. Defence has been so bad that it's difficult for a keeper look good in. I didn't see any of the goals against Sunderland, but against Leicester even though we conceded 3, he made some good saves to keep the score down.

We need a real mouthy keeper who commands the box and breathes confidence into the players in front of him. I honestly don't know who depends on the manager appointed but I don't believe Joel will be no1 choice next season. Imo he's not good enough. Sunderland 3 goals where all his fault but that's for another thread.

I like Robles and normally he should be given a full season as number 1.

But a genuinely world-class keep is vital for any successful side, if we wanna fast-track success we'll have to break the bank and go for it. Schmeichel?

Status
Not open for further replies.