Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah right.

Nonsense. He's had several injuries in previous weeks. His form has dipped.

Not enough to send him the knackers yard

You strike me as someone looking for an excuse to. :dodgy:

I'm happy to be proved wrong mate, but I guess half of my point is that even if he improves, he doesn't have long left in his career, and he will need replacing.

I'm sorry, but having a 35 year old Gareth Barry 'pulling the strings' in midfield does not excite me at all. I think we need someone younger, quicker and more creative sooner rather than later.

I'm happy to be proved wrong mate, but I guess half of my point is that even if he improves, he doesn't have long left in his career, and he will need replacing.

I'm sorry, but having a 35 year old Gareth Barry 'pulling the strings' in midfield does not excite me at all. I think we need someone younger, quicker and more creative sooner rather than later.

You're getting well ahead of yourself.

Ledson is pushing for a place in the first team.

Just leave it ey?

You're getting well ahead of yourself.

Ledson is pushing for a place in the first team.

Just leave it ey?

Just leave it? We are discussing one of our players on a discussion forum. Sounds like you are in love with him or something, and that you don't like anyone having a bad word to say about him.

Just leave it? We are discussing one of our players on a discussion forum. Sounds like you are in love with him or something, and that you don't like anyone having a bad word to say about him.

I'm not calling for us to get rid of someone we only just signed whos had two injuries in as many months and whos preferred midfield partner is out injured.

o_O

But if you want to talk nonsense :coffee:

I'm not calling for us to get rid of someone we only just signed whos had two injuries in as many months and whos preferred midfield partner is out injured.

o_O

But if you want to talk nonsense :coffee:

I think its perfectly reasonable to question how long we are expecting to persist with a 34 year old central midfield player who has never been very fast, is only going to get slower, and who has been looking increasingly rusty in recent weeks. You may want to continue with him for another 2 years, but Id rather replace him with someone who is younger, more attacking and more creative, as I think that is what we are lacking.

I think its perfectly reasonable to question how long we are expecting to persist with a 34 year old central midfield player who has never been very fast, is only going to get slower, and who has been looking increasingly rusty in recent weeks. You may want to continue with him for a other 2 years, but Id rather replace him with someone who is younger, more attacking and more creative, as I think that is what we are lacking.

He's been injured twice.

What part of this do you not understand? :coffee:

I think its perfectly reasonable to question how long we are expecting to persist with a 34 year old central midfield player who has never been very fast, is only going to get slower, and who has been looking increasingly rusty in recent weeks. You may want to continue with him for another 2 years, but Id rather replace him with someone who is younger, more attacking and more creative, as I think that is what we are lacking.
He's been injured twice.

Apart from the fact he's not 34, I think the truth is somewhere inbeween.

He's not fit, but he's a good player.

He's been injured twice.

The bit were you expect him to start dictating the midfield after coming back from two injuries aged 34. His career is on the decline, no matter how much you wish it wasn't.

The bit were you expect him to start dictating the midfield after coming back from two injuries aged 34. His career is on the decline, no matter how much you wish it wasn't.

His career and his ability hasn't gone suddenly off a cliff like you're trying to make out

You're being ridiculous :coffee:

His career and his ability hasn't gone suddenly off a cliff like you're trying to make out

You're being ridiculous :coffee:

As I said, I'm happy to be proved wrong mate. But I still think it is reasonable to ask how long we expect to persist with him, given the fact that he turns 34 at the beginning of next year. I think we need more than what Barry offers.

As I said, I'm happy to be proved wrong mate. But I still think it is reasonable to ask how long we expect to persist with him, given the fact that he turns 34 at the beginning of next year. I think we need more than what Barry offers.

The use of the word "persist" gives your agenda away immediately

The use of the word "persist" gives your agenda away immediately

I've already said that I think he needs replacing with a younger, quicker, more attacking , more creative midfielder. I wouldn't go as far as to call it an agenda, I'd just call it an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.