Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won't miss Phil Neville the footballer,but we will miss Phil Neville the captain and leader.
Barry will bring those qualities with him which will be invaluable for youngsters like Barkley,Stones and others.
In addition, Barry is 32 not sixty two,has played nearly every game for City in the last two season,their most successful ever.
On top of all that it is a position in our squad that needs filling. I would hope he will a little steel,experience and leadership to our team.

I don't see the problem with bringing a player like this to our squad.
I hope that it means that money can then be spent on youngsters like McCarthy,Ince and a striker.

No we won't miss him at all, before he left he imparted every last bit of his leadership ability onto jags
Phil_Jagielka_1585447c.jpg

Phil-Jagielka-130223-Pointing-G-300.jpg

A midfield of Barry-Gibson-McCarthy-Barkley to choose from actually sounds like a half decent dilemma on who to start, rather than the current state with Osman playing

Just a note about the posts about Barry vs the germans getting breezed past, was that the same Barry who was taken to a tournament when everyone knew he was about 80% fit? ^^

The combination of bringing in Barry and Mcarthy will be good business IMO. Both offer different quality's and weakness's but along with Gibson that is 3 good quality players battling for 2 starting roles. Barry for free/loan is good business.

Considering Gibson has problems keeping fit, Barry will be a good option to have if this goes through. Besides, Barry is a good solid footballing name unlike say Juan, Lionel or Luis.

Barry will paper over the cracks if Felli gets sold, he gives us time to figure a plan out for next summer. Good signing imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.