Gaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesb1970

Player Valuation: £20m
Ok. We have started to sign players now, and judging by the first 2 we seem to be getting good quality. Like DM said, improving the squad not just adding to it. I have gone through my team to see where I feel happy that we have quality in each position. There may be different views on who should sit behind the striker or which right back is better but I feel that we are only really one player away from a full strength, well gelling side. What do you think?

Howard
Neville Jags Distin Baines
Pienaar Arteta ? Billy
Fellaini
Yak

I don't like Neville at right-back i feel we need to sign someone for there and i feel we need a new creative CM.

I would want to split up the Bains-Pienaar flank and (if he can manage it) see Bilyaletdinov on the right hand side, left-footed, cut inside.

I think rightback would be a good position for us to improve upon still but Neville would do if he had to.

At the moment;

Howard
(Neville) Jagielka Distin/Yobo Bains
Bilyaletdinov Arteta (Neville) Pienaar
Cahill
Yakubu

I am in favour of the 4-4-1-1 but would prefer Cahill instead of Fellaini. There are still goals to come from Cahill and that is what you want from forward players (maybe even Jo as a support striker)

So I would like to see ideally a new right back with Neville in the holding role, or a new centre midfielder to release let Arteta play to his potential.

Sign Banega, drop Fellaini, push Cahill into his natural position.

Drop Osman and play Byla wide right.

Rodwell or Neville in the holding role.

Status
Not open for further replies.