Transfer Rumour Gabriel (Lille)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are other clubs besides Everton apparently interested and yet after several weeks there seems to be no progress.

It sounds to me as if clubs look on this transfer as a bit of a punt and are just not prepared to pay the like of money that his club are asking or at least demanding that it is partly paid depending on performance.

There are other clubs besides Everton apparently interested and yet after several weeks there seems to be no progress.

It sounds to me as if clubs look on this transfer as a bit of a punt and are just not prepared to pay the like of money that his club are asking or at least demanding that it is partly paid depending on performance.
It's looking more and more likely that Lille have been throwing clubs around in the press to hike up the price.

Only problem is for them , every day that goes by its looking obvious it's a big old bluff.

Same scenario with Mina last year.

“COVID”

Why is Brands blaming “leaks” then?

One or the other chief.

Uncertainty is a terrible thing to have and I can understand why they didn’t sign it off but at the same time surely as soon as it came clear that football would be played out which came clear in May this should have been finalised.

He’s gone thinking he can save us a few £ and it’s backfired.

It happens to everyone but the issue is Brands is paid handsomely to make the right decisions and the last window and this deal possibly going down the swanny is another black mark against his name.

His days are numbered IMO.

There's loads of questions.

But, Brands hasn't 'blamed' anyone.

It was a reference in the Athletic article. Not a direct quote. Don't treat it as such.

Based on nothing more than sniffing bullshit, I reckon he's already said he wants to come to us. (crazy fool)

These stories are likely all Lille trying to pressure us into getting back towards our original bid.
We saw how quickly Liverpool wrapped up the deal for that LB. I imagine it would be the same if Arsenal or Utd had already agreed a deal for Gabriel. Seems similar to the Mina situation as people are saying.

Cue Gabriel flying into London tomorrow to sign for Arsenal.

Hmm let’s see, go to Italian side where they have a Brazilian who hasn’t gotten a cap, or come to Everton where a similarly aged Brazilian is seen as a rising star back home.

I do love the city of Naples though.

It's looking more and more likely that Lille have been throwing clubs around in the press to hike up the price.

Only problem is for them , every day that goes by its looking obvious it's a big old bluff.

Same scenario with Mina last year.
This I reckon.

imagine we get him on deadline day after paying 50m and we all sit down to watch his first game full of excitement and it turns out he's alcaraz mk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.