Transfer Rumour Gabriel (Lille)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i seen a documentary about villarreal how they went from non league to the CL semi final,every summer they signed all the best players in south america for peanuts,they had some help from collina as well,i suppose!

i seen a documentary about villarreal how they went from non league to the CL semi final,every summer they signed all the best players in south america for peanuts,they had some help from collina as well,i suppose!
A smart rich owner that invests a lot goes a long way... Fantastically managed club in general. He is still a bit of a facist though

if this is true, we all need to stop buying players from Lille and just throw money at their scouts.

It's true they have fantastic scouts but they buy players that are not at premier league level and they give them a platform and room to grow. If we bought the same players as them they would be bombed out after three games never to be seen again. Watfords owners to a good job of farming good young players in Spain and Italy though but different circumstances....

“COVID”

Why is Brands blaming “leaks” then?

One or the other chief.

Uncertainty is a terrible thing to have and I can understand why they didn’t sign it off but at the same time surely as soon as it came clear that football would be played out which came clear in May this should have been finalised.

He’s gone thinking he can save us a few £ and it’s backfired.

It happens to everyone but the issue is Brands is paid handsomely to make the right decisions and the last window and this deal possibly going down the swanny is another black mark against his name.

His days are numbered IMO.
The two aren’t mutually exclusive ffs.
the pandemic can happen AND our interest can be leaked.
Have you read the athletic article? No direct quotes. Just that ‘it is believed that ....’.
All that happens nowadays is people make up their mind and then find information to suit their view.
Look at things logically.
As a business should we be making large capital allocation decisions during a large pandemic with no end in sight (at the time)? No.
Did it give Lille and the player a chance to see if other clubs were interested to see if they could improve on the original deal? Yes.

Covid doesn’t happen and he’s likely an Everton player right now. It’s annoying and it’s made it a lot harder to get him but in this case we’ve done nothing wrong.

The fact is we are going to miss out on targets if in competition against bigger clubs. We can’t compete on anything other than money so it’s harder.

We could go further down the value chain but you have a much lower risk that the player will step up.

Yet we’re still in for him now and the fee will be higher that the one we originally negotiated.

We don't really know anything that's going on.

We don't know what the fee agreed in March was.

Even if it is higher, then the upfront cost could still be lower, with the rest of the fee spread out over several seasons.

Given the nature of the pandemic and its impact on football/sport in general, plus the fact that after the restart it became abundantly clear we need one if not two central midfielders, then I'd say it's very likely any renogotation will have been down to upfront cost / the structuring of a potential deal.

Is Bruno Fuchs any good though?
at that price and his age he'd be worth a gamble with the right manager.
I'll laugh my head off if Lille are touting him for £30m next summer.

With the amount of coin they're going to take in this summer, this kind of deal will help with their FFP issues while still keeping them competitive on Ligue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.