Transfer Rumour Gabriel (Lille)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can defo see Mino moving him on myself, hes hardly played and I doubt he happy with sitting around waiting for his chance.

Its nobodys fault really, DCL and Rico more than earned their place in the side ahead of him and its just 1 of them things sadly.

Yes I think thats fair. Unless we bite the bullet and shift Richarlinson wide.

You also have to factor in, if we want certain players from Serie A which is likely, he is quite a useful bargaining chip,

You also have to factor in, if we want certain players from Serie A which is likely, he is quite a useful bargaining chip,

I was quite vocal in saying that Rico should be played out wide, I felt as a lone 9 he was quite ineffective, but a 2 suits DCL and Rico so much and it would be quite a waste to stick him back out wide.

Am I the only one who struggles to see where Iwobi plays in a 4-4-2 system. We’ve already seen how trying to accommodate sigurdsson in this system has affected his performance.

Richarlison needs to play as a centre forward and be in goal scoring positions as much as possible.

I hate seeing him out wide. A complete waste.

Digne ,Holgate ,Mina ,DCL ,Richarlison ,Kean
Apart from that I would say no one is safe
Gbamin and Gomes may get a year to prove themselves but all others are expendable in my eyes,assuming replacements can be found
A lot depends on how Keane has settled and if he is happy.
Ancelotti had seen nearly everybody in his squad by now and will know the players he wants to keep.
Keane certainly would be a player that other clubs would be interested in as part of an exchange and we do appear to be looking at the Italian market.
However, I would be very glad to see him stay, he has undoubted ability and potential.

A lot depends on how Keane has settled and if he is happy.
Ancelotti had seen nearly everybody in his squad by now and will know the players he wants to keep.
Keane certainly would be a player that other clubs would be interested in as part of an exchange and we do appear to be looking at the Italian market.
However, I would be very glad to see him stay, he has undoubted ability and potential.

Wish we knew.:)

Am I the only one who struggles to see where Iwobi plays in a 4-4-2 system. We’ve already seen how trying to accommodate sigurdsson in this system has affected his performance.

....I think his best performances have been when he’s played more central. Difficult to see an obvious starting place in a 4-4-2, but the manager will need to adjust tactically within games and will need squad options.

Personally, I’d start him ahead of Sigurdsson (based on recent performances) if Ancelotti needed to employ a no10 at any time.

Digne ,Holgate ,Mina ,DCL ,Richarlison ,Kean
Apart from that I would say no one is safe
Gbamin and Gomes may get a year to prove themselves but all others are expendable in my eyes,assuming replacements can be found
Wouldn't have thought Mina or Kean were safe to be honest. There can be no doubt that Kean hasn't done what was expected of him. He's got time on his side but he didn't come here to sit on the bench and the lads ahead of him are barely older than he is. Mina has been here 2 years and still isn't undisputed first choice. If Gabriel does come in then Mina is very expendable in my eyes.

Wouldn't have thought Mina or Kean were safe to be honest. There can be no doubt that Kean hasn't done what was expected of him. He's got time on his side but he didn't come here to sit on the bench and the lads ahead of him are barely older than he is. Mina has been here 2 years and still isn't undisputed first choice. If Gabriel does come in then Mina is very expendable in my eyes.

What about Keane?

....I think his best performances have been when he’s played more central. Difficult to see an obvious starting place in a 4-4-2, but the manager will need to adjust tactically within games and will need squad options.

Personally, I’d start him ahead of Sigurdsson (based on recent performances) if Ancelotti needed to employ a no10 at any time.
But Ancelotti has played him (and left him on) almost every time he's had a decision. Including playing him off the left in what seems to be (and had Iwobi quoted in the Echo as saying was the only position they were training for) the only position Iwobi and Bernard can/will play in a 442.

Gabriel seems to have most of the qualities (one-on-one contests, decent height & speed, left foot, can switch play) we need. Good price, good age. Looks maybe a bit impulsive on the (brief) clips I've seen. It's a yes from this scout.

4 cbs seem fine for this squad too. Keane can back up Mina, and did very well as a sub when Ancelotti wanted to defend deep. Holgate might even get some minutes at rb if he plays that asymmetric 442 he tried at the start, or just cos we're winning all the games and he wants to shut up shop to rest players on our march to the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.