Transfer Rumour Gabriel (Lille)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lyon finished 7th in Lique 1.

Personally I will judge teams on actual football rather than the Circus we have witnessed the last month or so.
You do you, big lad. Lyon's squad is superior to ours and for a lower wage budget. The only thing we've got over Lyon is our manager.

Everton are ready to end their pursuit of Lille defender Gabriel Magalhaes.

The Blues are refusing to pay above their valuation for the 22-year-old and therefore match the offers lodged by Napoli and Arsenal.

Everton had made headway on a deal to bring Gabriel to Goodison before the coronavirus crisis struck and were looking to meet Lille’s £30m asking price.

But the pandemic forced the Blues to try and renegotiate with the French club but they have been unable to reach an agreement.

And with Arsenal and Napoli prepared to pay over €25m for the centre-back, Everton are refusing to be drawn into a bidding war and pay more than they believe the player is worth in the current market.

Improving the squad’s midfield has also taken on greater significance for Carlo Ancelotti and the Blues’ hierarchy.

And bolstering that area of the team is now believed to be Everton’s prime focus.
This one is DONEZO :bye:

It’s a bit disappointing that we’re not willing to spend an extra €5m for a player we rate so highly. Can only imagine that Branthwaite and Keane’s post lockdown form have made the club re-assess their priorities.

he had a medical ages ago, pre lockdown, if he wanted to come he'd be here, can't blame the lad as the other clubs linked are more prestigious than us. I just mean, no point dithering, if he comes sound, I hope he's worth the wait.

Didn't realise about the medical.

It’s a bit disappointing that we’re not willing to spend an extra €5m for a player we rate so highly. Can only imagine that Branthwaite and Keane’s post lockdown form have made the club re-assess their priorities.
I suspect that’s a large part of it.

There are a myriad of factors at play here, some we can see - but most we can’t.

We can see the holes in the team, but we don’t know how Ancelotti and Brands see the prioritisation of filling those holes. We don’t know what players are on the shortlists for each position.

I’d say judge the window at the end of the window, and you have to, but even then we can’t be sure how successful it was versus what they set out to achieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.