Funeral for a Toffee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erasureboy

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
Hi all,

Stoke fan here… good luck for the forthcoming season to you all

… i am a celebrant and taking a special service tomorrow for a big Everton supporter.

If it’s a stoke fan, at the end, I usually say ‘we’ll be with you’ as it’s a reference to the song that the 72 squad recorded and often quoted when we lose a member of the stoke family.

I was just wondering if there was a similar sentence or sentiment that I could say tomorrow for the gentleman we are remembering?

Thanks I’m advance, possibly there’s nothing specific, I just thought I’d ask.

Matt

….lovely thought, Matt.

Might depend on how old he is but ‘up the Toffees’ will be a sentiment that resonated with him. ‘Nil Satis nisi Optimum’ is the Latin phrase on the clubs badge which translates to ‘nothing but the best is good enough’, wording he’ll be familiar with that you could use.

Regardless, he’ll always be one of us. Deepest condolences to his family.

Hi all,

Stoke fan here… good luck for the forthcoming season to you all

… i am a celebrant and taking a special service tomorrow for a big Everton supporter.

If it’s a stoke fan, at the end, I usually say ‘we’ll be with you’ as it’s a reference to the song that the 72 squad recorded and often quoted when we lose a member of the stoke family.

I was just wondering if there was a similar sentence or sentiment that I could say tomorrow for the gentleman we are remembering?

Thanks I’m advance, possibly there’s nothing specific, I just thought I’d ask.

Matt
Commiserations to his/her family in advance first up. Assuming there are to be a reasonable number of blues in attendance and where they might appreciate some light humour In light of our recent travails, you could select from;

We (or he) has had good times.
We (he) brought a knife to a gunfight.
His was not an expected loss.
Everton that. (It’s a dark humour self pity thing..)
He had the ‘spirit of the blues’. (You probably wont be aware but this musical ditty became a cult thing here this past 12-18 months and could be used at the celebration if appropriate).

Best of luck.

Nice thought Matt.

For any who dont know, a celebrant is a licensed person able to conduct non religious funerals.

If its not too late to arrange entry, or exit music, (unless family/deceased have already decided), a slow version of Z Cars, (EFC entry music), is deffo worth a google.

"*name* had no choice in being a blue. He was chosen. And he will understand what that means. Thats all that matters" would chime with most on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.