2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange though wasn't it?

?‍♂️
What is strange Dave is you thinking that Premiership managers and coaches would random posts on a football chat forum and think that maybe this is what they should base there football philosophy on.

The manner in which the club went about it's transfer activity in the summer was more an indication of what they wanted to do than anything else.

To have so tellingly addressed the defence and midfield in one window deserves huge recognition for Lampard & Thelwell. And to do it against the backdrop of last season and with such financial constraints. And they would have added Kudus. Hats off to them, it's too early for sweeping judgements but still the difference is night and day. Finally we can look ahead with some hope.

Arsenal are in a different realm than us in terms of squad quality but I like we seem to be trying to implement a similar approach by introducing you younger players with potential that are actually skilled so that doesn't include davies and build upon those traits with seasoned and reliable players like coady and gana. I know the results have been underwhelming but the sole blunder in an otherwise solid transfer wind,of not having a prolific attacking player that filled the void left by richarlison has hindered our ability to win games. In terms of play there has been a sizable contrast in Everton's performances compared to last season where we have been competitive in all of our games we just lacked that clinical edge regarding goals. Sloppiness still exists but the passing has improved significantly, we look more coherent and the fact iwobi has experienced a renaissance in his game are all clear indicators that Frank is growing as a manager.

I'm not sure if this has been picked up on or not, but many of the team's on-field tactics and formations, (that have recently borne fruit), have come straight out of the playbook of one or two very astute GOT forum contributors (and posted herein). Is it possible Lampard is posting on here under some nom de plume?
I suggest such appears very likely...Occam's razor insists it.

Brought in a very good back room staff. Seeing the benefits of it on the pitch. We actually look like a team that's being coached.
I think he’s been canny in bringing in Tarkowski and Coady as almost additional coaches as well. He didn’t have the best defensive coaching record at Chelsea so rather than being stubborn and trying the same stuff and expecting different results, he’s brought in players to lighten the load.

I'm not sure if this has been picked up on or not, but many of the team's on-field tactics and formations, (that have recently borne fruit), have come straight out of the playbook of one or two very astute GOT forum contributors (and posted herein). Is it possible Lampard is posting on here under some nom de plume?
I suggest such appears very likely...Occam's razor insists it.
Frank. Five-letter name, ends in “k”

……. My God.

I have to admit i did not want Lampard to get the job, even at the end of last season, I thought he would only last roughly last about this many games into the new season as he would be gone but I have to admit happy to be wrong, he really won me around, the players are improving under him, players like Iwobi, Patterson, Grey have stepped up and just feels like Everton are moving in the right direction. Still plenty of room for improvement but compared to last season we are so much more organised, so much more competitive and going into games feeling confident of a win. We're on the right road with Lampard.

They’ve won five in twenty-one league games according to the BBC, which is something I hadn’t recognised as thought they’d be a decent team.

Still, they’re a decent team, both physically and technically, and are well organised. It wasn’t one of our best performances this year, but we dug deep.

We’re not going to flamboyantly beat many teams this season, but grinding out wins and draws as we improved is an improvement.

Hopefully, the one win on the board will add the confidence needed to push on further, and beating the likes of West Ham is what we need.
They're league form last season suffered as they switched focus to the Eufa cup, knocked out Seville and Lyon then spunked 150m this window.

Their form this season is also a bit of a result of the fixtures - think they've played 4/5 of last seasons top 6 in their first 7 games. And they've been massively unlucky, absolutely battered forest and lost, robbed by var against chelsea and lost, lost to city, lost away to Brighton, drew v spurs and beat villa

Status
Not open for further replies.