2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might do us fans some good to not compare the team against City, Liverpool et al until we are in the same mini league.

Still, it is nice is that we might actually give those sides a competitive game again.

We need to get on top of West Ham, Brentford, Newcastle and Palace again first - I wonder where we will be mid-season and will the team have come together a bit more.

No doubt if we get mid table this season, the fans will be moaning that we didn't get europe

No doubt if we get mid table this season, the fans will be moaning that we didn't get europe
Id hope not tbh. Priority for me this season was always going to be about us developing a way of playing (4-3-3) and the players learning their roles in the system whilst staying away from the bottom 3. I think the signs so far show we should be ok in doing this imo.

I think it's fair to say Lampard has always wanted to play a high pressing 4-3-3. He tried it at first and we got tonked so he went to a more cautious formation. We're still very much a work in progress, so it'll be a while before we can press high confidently.

I think it's fair to say Lampard has always wanted to play a high pressing 4-3-3. He tried it at first and we got tonked so he went to a more cautious formation. We're still very much a work in progress, so it'll be a while before we can press high confidently.

Yes there is the subject of confidence but if DCL comes back FF and alongside Maupay the goals and wins may well come and confidence.

He's done brilliant since he came in. Rescued us from the absolute mess that the FSW had us in. That was some challenge that he met and succeeded with.

And after that, he identified the serious points that needed to be addressed:
1. He strengthened the defence with Coady and Tarkowski;
2. He strengthened the midfield with Onana and Gana
'1' and '2' are the building blocks of ANY successful team.

He made a canny signing in Maupay to start addressing the attacking situation.

He will know what further needs to be done to strengthen the attack.

Given time, he will do well, and start scaring the crap out of the much-vaunted 'Sky 6'...

Theres not many players i would swap for ours plus i think Moyes is a proper crab.

I think we will not because were great but because i think they're bang average barring Rice

On another point mate - WHU certainly have more quality up top however...

I would have Pickford over their keeper

Our defence is better than theirs and the stats show it.

Onana/Gana/Iwobi better than their midfield who Rice aside aint up to much - Soucek is getting pelters from their mob in recent weeks.

Overall we're the stronger side which is testament to a fantastic job Big Kev Thelwell did in the summer.

No Keane/Coleman/Gomes/Kenny holding us back - time to look forward.

I would go one step further and say we're 1-2 attacking players away from being in a position where we should be challenging for those top 7 spots.

It might do us fans some good to not compare the team against City, Liverpool et al until we are in the same mini league.

Still, it is nice is that we might actually give those sides a competitive game again.

We need to get on top of West Ham, Brentford, Newcastle and Palace again first - I wonder where we will be mid-season and will the team have come together a bit more.

I’m still thinking we’ll finish somewhere between 12th-14th tbh, but hopefully without ever really being in any danger

Status
Not open for further replies.