2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching West ham sit back and defend a 75th min lead, the difference between them and us is they press and tackle well even though they sit deep, midfield and forward all doing a good job protecting the back four.

We simply switch off around 70mins, pressing were largely non existent, just stand off yards away without doing anything meaningful in regaining possession. Brentford found ways to deliver the ball into our box repeatedly.

Lampard needs to demand more from the players.

He took over on 31st of january. Into what i think almost every single Everton fan would consider an absolute mess. A mess of our own doing, particularly the past 5 years.
So it will be 8 months now. 8 months isn't even scratching the surface to turn this car crash club around. And thats even with everything in your favour like not selling arguably the best player.

It comes down to this. Is he worth investing in long term so we see the fruits of work behind the scenes come through to the pitch eventually. Who knows.

All i do know is this is one tough job. Its virtually a complete rebuild.

I'd give him the full two years as long as we're not in a ridiculous position such as no wins going into the World Cup break. Like you say, who knows if he's the right man for the job. We've backed ourselves into a corner where he has to be given time because no one in their right mind would want to come here after him.

Lampard though he hasn’t covered himself in glory, I think he is doing ok ish. He still hasn’t fully assembled a team yet hopefully he will by the deadline and we can start to really judge him then. Compare him to Gerrard who has more or less got his team together and they are awful, we are showing good sign but just can’t quite string it all together yet.

He's got 12 points from our last 10 league games. Not too bad not amazing either. Bulk of those games he's not had a good and complete squad. Can only truly judge him from the Leeds game onwards imo as he'll have a decent squad by then and an actual striker. Let's see how it goes from then on. So far he's doing OK, not amazing but also not bad enough to be hounding him out. The board have left him hung out to dry for the first 4 games tbh

Lampard though he hasn’t covered himself in glory, I think he is doing ok ish. He still hasn’t fully assembled a team yet hopefully he will by the deadline and we can start to really judge him then. Compare him to Gerrard who has more or less got his team together and they are awful, we are showing good sign but just can’t quite string it all together yet.

agree mate

He's got 12 points from our last 10 league games. Not too bad not amazing either. Bulk of those games he's not had a good and complete squad. Can only truly judge him from the Leeds game onwards imo as he'll have a decent squad by then and an actual striker. Let's see how it goes from then on. So far he's doing OK, not amazing but also not bad enough to be hounding him out. The board have left him hung out to dry for the first 4 games tbh

the board mate will end this football club

Status
Not open for further replies.