2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onana has been one of our best players. And is a young player that we have been crying out for.

He was still a very poor choice of signing, for the fee he was, given the limited funds available and the obvious need for creativity.

Take Onana out of the team this season and we would be roughly where we are now. If we replaced him with more experience, even someone like Kouyate who Forest picked up for free, and instead spent that money on a couple of better attackers, we would be in a stronger position in my opinion.

There are 7 other teams who have stubbornly refused to get away from us at the bottom. Tomorrow we could put some of them below us and plant the seeds of instability in their minds. Get the media focussing on them as a crisis club instead.

I hope Lampard doesn't think he can continually spurn these opportunities. He needs to grab three points. No excuses.

Does Lampards presser sound like the Moyes ones?

Important thing is we stay in the league...
We will keep working hard...
Not going to change overnight... (To see some progress in a year would be nice)
We want to improve...

Can you name one pre match press conference which has ever been good? I don't know what people expect

Interesting times. I think the pivotal decision is whether he starts Mykolenko at left wing back. He seems a genuine good guy but let's have it right...he has a coat hanger of a body, weak as a kitten physically, average in basic defending and poor in reading play and understanding when he has to cover (1st goal Utd scored the focus was on Godfrey - yes, his defending was poor but what on earth was Mykolenko doing at the back stick), he's slow, awful dribbling the ball and driving forward, horrific at crossing the ball and apart from Leicester away he can't strike a football properly. Further, I can't recall watching a full back struggle so much with regulation distribution - how many times has he just passed the ball out of play!?

Apart from that he's fine...

All joking aside he's a Championship standard left back. He should not be playing wing back in this team when we have McNeil. Yes, he's a bit of a pariah himself but he defends well, strong in one on one tracking, excellent at crossing a ball, he can carry the ball and he can ping a fair shot from distance.

I'm generally a fan of Lampard but if he is unable to appreciate the above - obvious to anyone with an ounce of football knowledge, then arguably if Mykolenko starts at left wing back, that's a sackable offense in itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.