2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to be this point in a managers second season, every single time, that we cack our pants during a bad run of form, I just think at some point we're going to have to ride it out through these times.

However I have no qualms with people questioning his position as results are poor and performances whilst not always atrocious, seems to be about keeping clean sheets because we can't score or hold the ball up.

If we can get back to tightening it up like the start of the season then we should be ok, if we can get some forwards in. I am gutted for garner, I think we need to try something different in the middle of the park. It's all huff and puff but no quality.
Its not form tho is it? Unless you count 35 odd games thats hes managed us as form

That IS it isn't it. I don't think Lampard or anyone else could do much better with what we have got on the field at the moment. So the only benefit to sacking him might be a short term manager bounce, but what happens if a new guy comes in and the likes of Iwobi, Gordon, Myko revert to their previous form? I think we have to stick with Frank and hope...
I think you’re probably right, we’re where I expected us to be at the start of the season and struggling in the areas it looked obvious we’d struggle. I’d sack him if it looks like he’s lost the players, as Benitez did but otherwise we’re crap, most of the other teams are better than us, we’ve no money and it’a going to be tight whoever the manager is.

If you look at our team relative to the others in the division, it’s only surprising to Everton fans that we are where we are.

Gray, McNeil, Maupay, Townsend- these guys were getting moved on as not good enough to be squad players at mid table teams and they’re coming in and starting for us. They wouldn’t get close to starting for most, if any other teams in the league.

Every one of Crystal Palace’s front line would easily walk into our first team - Crystal Palace!!

I remember watching the Villa game at the start of the season and they brought Beundia and Bailley off the bench and thinking, these guys would both start in our team. And that’s Villa - not Chelsea, City or a top team, Villa.

I’m finding it hard to blame Lampard or see how a different manager is going to do much better, the squad is poor compared to the others in the league. That’s it.
You've fallen into the trap of judging other teams players on just one match. Going on this basis there are few here who would have turned away from buying McNeil given how he tore us apart the season before last. Thing was, Dyche was leaving him out for much of the second half of last season.
He can use the Richy money to buy ONE good replacement yet we signed no-mark McNeil, Maupay and Garner (sorry).
Nothing wrong about signing Garner. He was the one who would give us the energy and vision in the midfield. A great loss. I certainly don't like the sound of silence regarding his likely return fate. Out with a sore back until February?! If it's that serious an issue begin to expect a lifetime career problem.

Its not form tho is it? Unless you count 35 odd games thats hes managed us as form
No but at the same time he got a clean slate at the start of the season and we looked decent and solid for a while, I thjought it was a decent base to build from, I thought addressing the defence and midfield was sensible but unfortunately we are very very lightweight up top with our forwards all having terrible assists and goals records.

I still think with better forwards we move away from this relegation battle but if we don't get these forwards in, it will be a long hard season and Lampard will be gone, the next bloke will have the same problems and the same players who can't find the net.

You've fallen into the trap of judging other teams players on just one match. Going on this basis there are few here who would have turned away from buying McNeil given how he tore us apart the season before last. Thing was, Dyche was leaving him out for much of the second half of last season.
No mate, I’ve not. They’re not that good, they’re average squad players for a mid table team - and they’d keep the lines of Townsend, McNeil, Gray off the Villa bench - that’s how far off the standard these guys are.

And didn’t want us to sign a single one of them as before they signed they were obviously taking us in one direction, down. Which is what they’ve done.

No but at the same time he got a clean slate at the start of the season and we looked decent and solid for a while, I thjought it was a decent base to build from, I thought addressing the defence and midfield was sensible but unfortunately we are very very lightweight up top with our forwards all having terrible assists and goals records.

I still think with better forwards we move away from this relegation battle but if we don't get these forwards in, it will be a long hard season and Lampard will be gone, the next bloke will have the same problems and the same players who can't find the net.

Even if that happens we've seen enough to suggest he'll have us nowhere near top 10 or so anytime soon even with better forwards in the side as we dont suddenly jump over 7+ teams with someone like Brereton Diaz and Elanga in the side which are the types of realistic signings we'll be shopping around for particularly in January.

The question is therefore do we waste time keeping him on another 1-2 seasons just to finish say 15th ?

I would rather we identify a long term manager with the credentials to be given a project and build something heading into BMD.

Frankel talks a good game but like everything in life eventually you need to do the walkin and not just the talkin and he's currently stumbling all owa the place.

It should be a major red flag that the more the new players worked with Lampard, the worse they got.

Even if that happens we've seen enough to suggest he'll have us nowhere near top 10 or so anytime soon even with better forwards in the side as we dont suddenly jump over 7+ teams with someone like Brereton Diaz and Elanga in the side which are the types of realistic signings we'll be shopping around for particularly in January.

The question is therefore do we waste time keeping him on another 1-2 seasons just to finish say 15th ?

I would rather we identify a long term manager with the credentials to be given a project and build something heading into BMD.

Frankel talks a good game but like everything in life eventually you need to do the walkin and not just the talkin and he's currently stumbling all owa the place.
It isn't just Lampard though we have a really good coaching team, all highly thought of and respected, at some point it's fine to say, the players aren't good enough.

I'm not going to answer your assumptions about who we may buy, it serves no purpose until it happens. A forward who can score and hold up the ball, link play, is what we need.

It is hard but I am holding my nerve until I see what January brings but the sad reality is, if you can't score regular, you will go down, simple as that really.

Aye up the anti-frank brigade are all here at once lol

It isn't just Lampard though we have a really good coaching team, all highly thought of and respected, at some point it's fine to say, the players aren't good enough.

I'm not going to answer your assumptions about who we may buy, it serves no purpose until it happens. A forward who can score and hold up the ball, link play, is what we need.

It is hard but I am holding my nerve until I see what January brings but the sad reality is, if you can't score regular, you will go down, simple as that really.
Then why buy more poos like McNeil and Maupay? We really should blow all the money on one good player rather than 3 standard no-mark dudes.

Aye up the anti-frank brigade are all here at once lol

Is it really an assumption though ?

I mean he had Richarlison for half a season and took us from 16th to 16th.

He's just not a very good manager.

Then why buy more poos like McNeil and Maupay? We really should blow all the money on one good player rather than 3 standard no-mark dudes.
Why ask me that question I wasn't involved and Maupay was a sound idea for a back up but as I always say, you only need an injury and your back up becomes your number one and we are there but maupay has a fairly decent return for Brighton, he's just not a lone striker.

I also thought he was quicker than he is, that clean through on goal and not getting a shot off, did me in a bit.

For what it is worth I agree we should have maybe spent it on one but the last forward we paid £35m for was Moise Kean, that went well didn't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.