2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nuno is absolutely the type of manager who will be hounded out by the fans from day 1. Not a big name (this matters to our fans for some reason), weird looking, former Premier League, grim defensive football, 5 at the back with no plan B. No chance he lasts a year imo.
Not bothered about anything else except the defensive football aspect.
Defensive football is not for me and I’d already had my fill of it after 11 trophy less seasons under ginger.
No to Nuno.

Nuno is absolutely the type of manager who will be hounded out by the fans from day 1. Not a big name (this matters to our fans for some reason), weird looking, former Premier League, grim defensive football, 5 at the back with no plan B. No chance he lasts a year imo.
Cannot believe some people are honestly suggesting Nuno Santos. There is a reason why Levy -one of the sharpest, most shrewd operators in the game- sacked him 5 mintues after hiring him. A perfectly nice man by all accounts, but a major gamble IMO.

There’s nothing at all to suggest lampard is a good manager.

Results show he’s not very good and we’re heading down.

Clowns should have fired him after the second Bournemouth result.

Get rid asap.
The numbers make for awful reading. I'd love to see Lampard succeed here, but you can't ignore the eye test. If we've spent the last 4-5 weeks sitting on our thumbs instead of sounding out alternates that would be the ultimate act of negligence.

We will lose the expect Citch away game and 3 wins in 17 I thought I am seeing Mike Walker in charge. Sorry, my patience has gone in particular we waste the Richy cash on no-make crap like McNeil and Maupay.

The numbers make for awful reading. I'd love to see Lampard succeed here, but you can't ignore the eye test. If we've spent the last 4-5 weeks sitting on our thumbs instead of sounding out alternates that would be the ultimate act of negligence.
If we don’t sign 3 good attackers not those freaking no-mark Championship level players on 1st of January, this is negligence.

If you look at our team relative to the others in the division, it’s only surprising to Everton fans that we are where we are.

Gray, McNeil, Maupay, Townsend- these guys were getting moved on as not good enough to be squad players at mid table teams and they’re coming in and starting for us. They wouldn’t get close to starting for most, if any other teams in the league.

Every one of Crystal Palace’s front line would easily walk into our first team - Crystal Palace!!

I remember watching the Villa game at the start of the season and they brought Beundia and Bailley off the bench and thinking, these guys would both start in our team. And that’s Villa - not Chelsea, City or a top team, Villa.

I’m finding it hard to blame Lampard or see how a different manager is going to do much better, the squad is poor compared to the others in the league. That’s it.

If you look at our team relative to the others in the division, it’s only surprising to Everton fans that we are where we are.

Gray, McNeil, Maupay, Townsend- these guys were getting moved on as not good enough to be squad players at mid table teams and they’re coming in and starting for us. They wouldn’t get close to starting for most, if any other teams in the league.

Every one of Crystal Palace’s front line would easily walk into our first team - Crystal Palace!!

I remember watching the Villa game at the start of the season and they brought Beundia and Bailley off the bench and thinking, these guys would both start in our team. And that’s Villa - not Chelsea, City or a top team, Villa.

I’m finding it hard to blame Lampard or see how a different manager is going to do much better, the squad is poor compared to the others in the league. That’s it.
He can use the Richy money to buy ONE good replacement yet we signed no-mark McNeil, Maupay and Garner (sorry).

That IS it isn't it. I don't think Lampard or anyone else could do much better with what we have got on the field at the moment. So the only benefit to sacking him might be a short term manager bounce, but what happens if a new guy comes in and the likes of Iwobi, Gordon, Myko revert to their previous form? I think we have to stick with Frank and hope...

If we are gonna buy players look somewhere else. Buying squad players from Burnley and Brighton or cast off from Utd won’t work FL.

Spot on. Just look at yesterday. Even the commentators were talking about how much more attacking firepower Wolves had than us on the bench. As in the worst scoring team in the league Wolves.

I do think that Lampard has become a problem now, too. He’s recruited well in defense, tightened us up a bit back there, and improved Iwobi immensely. But where’s the tactical nous. He’s been given a raw deal, but he’s losing matches against terrible sides consistently. If we can’t recruit better attacking players, changing the manager is one thing we can do. We’re very fast approaching desperate times.

You've fallen into the trap of judging other teams players on just one match. Going on this basis there are few here who would have turned away from buying McNeil given how he tore us apart the season before last. Thing was, Dyche was leaving him out for much of the second half of last season.

It seems to be this point in a managers second season, every single time, that we cack our pants during a bad run of form, I just think at some point we're going to have to ride it out through these times.

However I have no qualms with people questioning his position as results are poor and performances whilst not always atrocious, seems to be about keeping clean sheets because we can't score or hold the ball up.

If we can get back to tightening it up like the start of the season then we should be ok, if we can get some forwards in. I am gutted for garner, I think we need to try something different in the middle of the park. It's all huff and puff but no quality.

He can use the Richy money to buy ONE good replacement yet we signed no-mark McNeil, Maupay and Garner (sorry).
But he also had a porous defence, a terrible midfield and no decent wingers. Also some of the Richie money was to balance the books for FFP.

We had Richarlison last season and still battled relegation much of the season. Ultimately there was so much in the team that need improved, almost every area, the spine of the team was weak as hell and he had free transfers, loans and funds for little upfront payments to do it.

It was an impossible task given to him and Thelwell by the board, I’m afraid.

But he also had a porous defence, a terrible midfield and no decent wingers. Also some of the Richie money was to balance the books for FFP.

We had Richarlison last season and still battled relegation much of the season. Ultimately there was so much in the team that need improved, almost every area, the spine of the team was weak as hell and he had free transfers, loans and funds for little upfront payments to do it.

It was an impossible task given to him and Thelwell by the board, I’m afraid.

this

Status
Not open for further replies.