2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
But of both init mate, if you can clearly see the attackers are talented but are being very poorly utilised then absolutely the manager will face criticism.

If they just look like they aren't good enough as players then the blame will lie with the DoF.
Question is, can we judge if PL players are bad ourselves? Ancellotti had us singing songs about Michael Keane like

The board basically told him: "Here's a few quid to fill the squad out and revamp the team in defence, midfield and attack"...which he tried to with two-thirds of the cash brought in from Richarlison...then they told him to sell another of the best players from his first season here like Gordon if he wanted to give himself a chance of doing it all with quality replacements. Selling two who he'd relied massively on was a bridge too far for Lampard and so we ended up with this attack.

For that reason I wont judge Lampard too early. I want to see what happens when he's allowed to use his second transfer window to improve the attack as well.

Lampard cant be judged in the same way we'd judge Koeman or Silva or Ancelotti, who all had loads to spend.

Speculation about what the Board did or did not say but otherwise I agree. What is not speculation is that Frank was the manager who bought Dwight and a bloke who could not get into Brighton's team. EFC have gone from having Richarlison to Dwight and some fat , slow, small bloke spending around 30 - 35 million doing so. With those two its little wonder there are no goals.

I hope too Frank succeeds but he has blown last season's goodwill with crap buys.

Question is, can we judge if PL players are bad ourselves? Ancellotti had us singing songs about Michael Keane like
Managers can max out the potential of players but I genuinely think even someone like Ancelotti would struggle with a front line of Maupay and Gray.

The football has been pretty dire recently but I'm holding any final judgement until January.

Didn't watch the match as there is no way I am letting Everton ruin this 6 week break that we have, I have supported Frank and will continue to do so, however it is wearing very thin, the reason for this he played the same system and plays Maupey when he clearly is not a footballer, that cannon lad did more v Bournemouth in 5 min but again he started with Maupay, who sounded like his usual abysmal self according to reports

This is only going to end one way

Impressive that his idea of a solution for the lack of goals (or even shots) seems to have been to revert to a back 5 against Celtic when given the chance to try something. Would've thought it was a good opportunity to try 2 up front rather than seeing if Maupay can lead the line alone once again.

Impressive that his idea of a solution for the lack of goals (or even shots) seems to have been to revert to a back 5 against Celtic when given the chance to try something. Would've thought it was a good opportunity to try 2 up front rather than seeing if Maupay can lead the line alone once again.
Yeah I think we need another 15-20 games to see if Maupay can play as a target man on his own lol

I hate to bring it up again but Moyes didn't really have much evidence of that when he came to us. I'm not saying it's a sure thing but the position the club was in financially and in the league I'm not sure we could draw a proven manager.

I'm happy to give him a chance. For me he has earned plenty of good faith for helping keep us up last year. I know the fans played a big part in it but it wouldn't be fair to say he didn't help encourage and rebuild the relationship between the fans and the club.

Agree to disagree?
I’ve said it loads of times, had he managed us nowadays Kendall would never have been given the time to build his team. They were mostly has-beens and no marks who he brought in initially. He was then given time to mould them into a great side.
I am NOT putting Lampard in the same bracket as Kendall, but the time managers are given nowadays in wholly unrealistic. As you said, Moyes had plenty of time to get us firing.

Status
Not open for further replies.