2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.

And this is where the club can be relied on to completely crash their own escape plan.

The time for a decision - one way or the other - is now. I don't think sacking Lampard is an unreasonable position. The results have been, generally, atrocious, taken in the round. Similarly, one could take a reasonable position that the manager, selected by this board, deserves support and some loyalty. But we have enough evidence at this point to make a case for either course of action. Back him or sack him NOW. Waiting for what, I would argue, will be the inevitable January collapse into the bottom three reduces our time - and options - considerably. World Cup managers will have fixed themselves up, the window will have gone, and any new man will immediately be up against the clock.
That's my take more or less now. I'm sick of the way things are and they can take either decision as far as I'm concerned.

If he is to go, do it this week.

If not, then they need to wholeheartedly conjure up the means to find at least two attacking options and have that done as quickly as possible in January. Get them in, reset and have another go.

I'm not hopeful. They'll more likely let Lampard bring in a couple of players with Thelwell silent and then sack him when the new man can't bring anyone in. That is and would be the Everton way of doing things.

I think people have a right to be worried Dave.
We have been unlucky at times under FL and didn't pick up points although we might have deserved them.

Recent performances though have deserved and got nothing.

What I don't understand is managers going back to basics when things are going badly.
Defend in depth , pack midfield, play on the break. The first rule is to stop losing but from I see it is a continuing rerun of the same tactics and formation and hoping something will happen.

I can accept losing if I see the manager being imaginative in trying to make things better.

I also think the players should be giving more on the pitch and I wonder why that isn't happening.
Totally agree…

It’s short term at best, just a couple of weeks ago we played Palace off the park, the players have that in them, they just don’t do it enough. Sacking the manager again means it’s a free pass for the players again to make some semblance of effort for the new guy before the same issues pop up

You calling 9 win in 9 month short term is hilarious

It’s short term at best, just a couple of weeks ago we played Palace off the park, the players have that in them, they just don’t do it enough. Sacking the manager again means it’s a free pass for the players again to make some semblance of effort for the new guy before the same issues pop up
People keep talking about the palace game as if everything was great before it. It wasn’t though. There’s no point continually harking back to that one game as evidence that everything is fine when the whole reason it gets mentioned so much is that it’s so clearly the exception to the rule.

And this is where the club can be relied on to completely crash their own escape plan.

The time for a decision - one way or the other - is now. I don't think sacking Lampard is an unreasonable position. The results have been, generally, atrocious, taken in the round. Similarly, one could take a reasonable position that the manager, selected by this board, deserves support and some loyalty. But we have enough evidence at this point to make a case for either course of action. Back him or sack him NOW. Waiting for what, I would argue, will be the inevitable January collapse into the bottom three reduces our time - and options - considerably. World Cup managers will have fixed themselves up, the window will have gone, and any new man will immediately be up against the clock.

We all know this board too well.

They'll wait until the fall into the bottom 3 following the Wolves/Citeh games before acting which I predict will be the result of the Brighton/Saints home games.

Those 2 games will decide his future imo.

I think there are quite a few parallels here from when Arteta took over at arsenal

They were awful at the start and were down at the bottom for a while, but he was given time to build, to get his players in and look at them now.

We should be doing the same with Frank, give him time, not this kneejerk call to rip everything up again and start anew for the I don't know how many times it is now.

The bottom for Arsenal is finishing 8th

The bottom for us is relegation

We don't have the luxury of being patient

I think people have a right to be worried Dave.
We have been unlucky at times under FL and didn't pick up points although we might have deserved them.
Recent performances though have deserved and got nothing.
What I don't understand is managers going back to basics when things are going badly.
Defend in depth , pack midfield, play on the break. The first rule is to stop losing but from I see it is a continuing rerun of the same tactics and formation and hoping something will happen.

I can accept losing if I see the manager being imaginative in trying to make things better.

I also think the players should be giving more on the pitch and I wonder why that isn't happening.

That's what we need to do when we get an attacker or two in also.

The team has lost it's way because they dont believe we'll score enough goals to have something to hang onto.

If we start scoring then the tactic will be enough to keep us up.

We're better than this with a proper attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.