2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the lack of attacking players why we've conceded 7 goals against Bournemouth in a few days?
But I think the attack is the main issue overall - by some margin

Where we had Richarlison, James and fit DCL, we now have Gray, Gordon, Maupay, McNeil etc. Need a couple of big hitting forwards in there

I’m absolutely baffled that everyone thinks it’s just our attack which is our downfall

We’re conceding 20+ shots a game every match

We have absolutely no solidity either and it needs to be addressed
if we have no threat up front, opposition teams can play more on the front foot knowing we have very veery little to trouble them, then our midfield and defence become overrun. Even when an unfit DCL was playing, the out ball had other t4ams going backwards allowing pressure relief. Our failure to sign forwards of any kind of quality, or even to be able to do a decking job is shameful.

If we had a barley average striker at this club, say Adam at S'ton, we'd be 7/8 points better off at this point.

It's that simple to fix.
What chances would he have taken then?
We make zero from either outwide or through the middle, Bournemouth cut through us for fun simply by playing direct with pace and movement from their midfielders.
We have pace, but zero movement.

Despite Frank buying 7/8 of his own players......

1668271999911.png

There’s experienced managers out there who will do better than Lampard and give us a better chance. Some of the names will be unpalatable but this is what the board have done to us. Tbh I’ll be going all out for Bielsa because sod it let’s just go for it. Death or glory.
Any more experienced tha Ancelotti?? Cause he couldn't get a tune out of this rotten squad. Part of our problem is constant instability, new managers bringing In different styles and there own players. At some point we have to back someone, believe in there style and back them.

Look at nearly all of the successful teams in recent history, they all had stability and direction first of all.

Status
Not open for further replies.