2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goalkeeper Jordan Pickford (one) has more assists this season than Anthony Gordon, Demarai Gray and Dwight McNeil combined (zero).

Worryingly, I don't think any other manager would have given us much more with the absolute garbage we have in the final third.
Said it weeks ago, we could have Haaland and Bobby L up top and still wouldnt score, every move breaks down before a final ball, not that we have anybody who can even pass a final ball.

BAD.

The club has been a failure for years (not just not winning a trophy). When was Lukaku replaced? Richarlison? DCL?
There's failure after failure after failure after failure. Any yet us plebs keep supporting them. The club stinks top down.

If we had a barley average striker at this club, say Adam at S'ton, we'd be 7/8 points better off at this point.

It's that simple to fix.
I’m absolutely baffled that everyone thinks it’s just our attack which is our downfall

We’re conceding 20+ shots a game every match

We have absolutely no solidity either and it needs to be addressed

I’m telling you now mate, it’s going to be Martinez back, that knob Moshiri has been waiting for this for months

Felt this was a cert. Said in the summer if Lampard is on iffy ground come the world cup, they'll bring Martinez in.

But, and I only twigged the other day - Thelwell wasn't here when Martinez was our priority when we tried the job share offer so now I'm a bit unsure.

getting attached to one who has us performing at very very low levels (yes i know its not all down to him) doesn't help us
Its not a question of being attached to anyone. Its dealing with the reality of the situation. There isn't anyone out there that we could replace Lampard with. You'd just be swapping another crap manager in an unwinnable situation that he's guaranteed to fail in. Whoever takes over Lampard will be lucky to see the season out. This team is poisonous.

There's no certainty of a new manager keeping us up, it's just as likely a new manager takes us down with this dreadful squad. Not sure why the automatic solution is to replace the manager, why is that the answer?? It's just as likely the answer is allow the manager to work through the issues, and come out a stronger side for it.

There’s experienced managers out there who will do better than Lampard and give us a better chance. Some of the names will be unpalatable but this is what the board have done to us. Tbh I’ll be going all out for Bielsa because sod it let’s just go for it. Death or glory.

Quite like Lampard but the recent results could be curtains for him. Problem is whoever replaces him inherits the same players. Not sure anyone, and I mean anyone, could get a tune out of this squad on a consistent basis. So in conclusion we’re screwed ?‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.