2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there a big call to sack Benitez then? Because if there was at that stage we looked a lot better at that stage last season then we do now

The writing was on the wall from the beginning with Benitez imo, but we beat Arsenal on 6th December, and it was a win that was enough to temporarily quell those that were sensibly calling for him to be sacked.

Funny reading supporters say ‘we can’t keep changing managers’ as a reason to stick with frank.

That reasons not going to keep us in the premier league is it?

His results are atrocious. What do we do keep persisting with 3 wins in 14 trends because we can’t change again?

At this rate we’re going down. We’re not improving, can’t score and are getting hammered with shots.

Your arguments to change up taken in isolation and looking only at results are not unreasonable

But you are basically saying that any manager that has a bad period or starts badly must be changed

Is that not just rolling the dice until all the stars align and we get a manager where it all works out? (By working out I acknowledge that in our current state that it need only mean for us to be relatively clear of the relegation teams whilst showing signs of progress)

Do we continue this for ever if none of them work out quickly enough for some of the fans? What do you suggest, as no manager brings a guarantee of success with us?

This doesn’t mean that I think Lampard the right fit. I haven’t a clue. It doesn’t look great so far, but we are not adrift at the bottom and it’s only been a few months so I can’t be arsed panicking and want to do the opposite of what we have done recently. I want to see where he has us by next season and beyond. If relegation becomes a real prospect again he will be sacked I presume.

However if he sees out a couple seasons but doesn’t show signs he can kick us on, I would be certain if he leaves he will leave us in a better and more stable if dull state for the next manager than we were when he took over.

Read my responses further down where I clarified it. Also, I couldn't care less about net spend. Kopites bang on about it incessantly.
£65M net spend by Martinez.

It got us a record breaking PL season, two cup SFs and an extended run in Europe.

Not success, but a glory period in relation to what's gone on snce he left...and for a far cheaper cash spend.

The calling out of certain players and putting them all in the team for a cup tie is a bit odd, imo

Did he feel like he needed to send a message? All it's done is get us thrashed out of yet another cup and probably knocked the collective confidence

Regardless of what happens on Saturday I dont see any change of manager on the horizon.

And tbf, apart from a few people, I dont detect any great appetite for calling time on Lampard yet.

I reckon he's just about earned getting the chance to spend in January to get out of this fix.

The plan is there and clear to see. This is not a chaotic managerial regime. The defence and midfield have been upgraded, it's just that he dropped a massive bollock not getting a quality striker in with the cash spent out on McNeil and Maupay. I can forgive that for now.

Haha yeah, because we played on a Thursday as opposed to the Champions League teams going out on the Tuesday/Wednesday. That does not constitute “extended” anyway.
Well, this the Lampard thread so I wont labour the point. But if you were to ask everone on this forum whether they'd accept in the next three seasons a 5th place finish and two midtable finishes and two domestic cup SFs and a good few European ties, they'd take your arm off for it.

Well, this the Lampard thread so I wont labour the point. But if you were to ask everone on this forum whether they'd accept in the next three seasons a 5th place finish and two midtable finishes and two domestic cup SFs and a good few European ties, they'd take your arm off for it.

That’s not the debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.