2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
some very strange tactics...

playing long to Gordon up against Burn

bringing on the best crosser while taking off the target man

late with any changes
To be fair, that was probably always on the cards.

It would have been poor management to give DCL 90 minutes after his injury record.

Possibly the worst attacking display I’ve ever seen from an Everton side and by god I’ve seen some bad ones. We started 9 defenders away to arsenal under Walter smith and created more!!

Frank has plenty of credit in the bank but that bank is haemorrhaging right now….

Let’s be honest, we’ve gone through managers like there’s no tomorrow and something has to give. Either we back our man and recruit properly (I know, right) or we continue the cycle of sacking someone when the fans turn and we will ultimately end up out the league. We’re a mess from top to bottom.
We generally keep appointing the wrong man. That's why we end up sacking them in the end. Other than Carlo, no other manager who was sacked by Everton since Moyes was lamented.

I criticise him for his lack of subs, I will criticise him for some of his tactics/formations.

I will not however criticise him for having to create chances with Gordon, Dom, Gray, Maupay, McNeil and an off-form Iwobi. Never.

Think you unfairly miss out Coleman and Mykolenko there. Having two players so uncomfortable on the ball would kill any team going forward.

Kept Gordon on when he was our worst player and should have never taken Iwobi off. I would like to see Vinagre play to gives us another option because Myko is not it.

thought gray did OK. but no overlapping from either full back isn't acceptable in the modern game.

that's either poor tactics from Frank or the inability of both full backs to overlap
Yeah it's more the inability of the full backs. Neither of them can attack.

That's making our wingers jobs that bit harder to be fair because there's no overlapping runs happening to confuse the opposition defense.

To be fair, that was probably always on the cards.

It would have been poor management to give Dominic Calvert-Lewin 90 minutes after his injury record.
He needs service, Gordon and Gray seem completely incapable, maybe McNeill should be given a go as at least he can put a ball in.

Clutching at straws really as they've all been so poor

Status
Not open for further replies.