2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isn't it much better having a united club and fanbase, no toxicity just everyone pulling in the same direction, happy with the direction we seem to be heading and a manager that knows and understands the fans and what they expect. 12 months ago this was the polar opposite.

I'm glad we went for the young manager, it doesn't matter if he got the jobs on his playing name, Koeman has done that for years. It's what he does here that matters plus the likes of Pep, Conte, Zidane all walked straight into top jobs because of who they were, sometimes you have to dip your toe in the deep end and sink or swim.

I wanted someone like Lampard before Benitez, I thought Arsenal and Chelsea were brave going for young inexperienced managers. Arsenal now paying dividends by having patience and this is where we need to be.

UTFT COYB!!

Isn't it much better having a united club and fanbase, no toxicity just everyone pulling in the same direction, happy with the direction we seem to be heading and a manager that knows and understands the fans and what they expect. 12 months ago this was the polar opposite.

I'm glad we went for the young manager, it doesn't matter if he got the jobs on his playing name, Koeman has done that for years. It's what he does here that matters plus the likes of Pep, Conte, Zidane all walked straight into top jobs because of who they were, sometimes you have to dip your toe in the deep end and sink or swim.

I wanted someone like Lampard before Benitez, I thought Arsenal and Chelsea were brave going for young inexperienced managers. Arsenal now paying dividends by having patience and this is where we need to be.

UTFT COYB!!

Unfortunately there are still some “Everton fans” who are out for our manager’s head. They’re too embarrassed to show themselves in here just yet but you wait until we next lose a game.

I couldn’t say I was a fan of Frank’s managerial prowess, I don’t think he has done enough as yet. However I certainly don’t want to see him sacked, I have preached stability at the club for years, the last thing we need is a change of manager.
Frank did manage to keep us in the Premier League, given the tools (and I do mean tools) at his disposal he has done well. Really since then he has only done what most of us have been banging on about for ages, he has brought in centre halves who can play, who want to play and have some back bone. He, and Thelwell, have brought in a midfield with some fight and some self respect. I have no doubt he has used his standing in the game to convince these players to come to Goodson. Now that he has assembled a squad that won’t be in a relegation scrap we have to see what he can do to get the best from them. Frank and Thelwell have preformed a major achievement is getting these players past the Board.
I don’t think this pair have done anything out of the ordinary as yet but neither have they made any major mistakes, it appears to me that the longer they can keep the Owner, Chairman and Board at arms length the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.