2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does Frank get?

Without winning?
Without picking up points?

Or does he have the season even if that means us going down?

Gets the whole season if it was me. Just about seeing enough that a decent enough striker would be a huge help.
Previous two managers were not here to try and build anything.
Talk all day long but this was never going to be easy or quick. But the club had to get someone in with the view to building something up. I havent a clue if he the right choice. Just the infrastructure of what needs doing is.
Need a bloody striker though asap.

Not sure anyone has said he is the second coming. Most just want to give him time and not overreact to 2 losses.

You then have the benitez cult trying to rile people and cause disruption to the club. So people then defend Lampard and big him up.
Nah, sorry, he's being bigged up when he has no CV to back up the confidence some have in him.

Time for Frank fans to pipe down. He'll be judged just as Benitez was. Any fair minded fan would have it no other way.

Well Thelwell has inherited all the same problems as Lampard. They have had one window with financial restrictions to sort out defence, midfield and attack.
My point is, even if Frank gets 2 strikers, how long does he get using this 5-2-3 we don`t get results with?

Will our fans give him free reign to relegate us because him and Thelwell have been dealt the hand they have?

My opinion is we would already be better off if he`d not used that ? 5 at the back, Allardyce was defensive and he didn`t even use the 5! Only 2 managers to use this 5-2-3/5-4-1 is Rafael and Lampard. Lampard just took over exactly where Rafael was going with that 5 at the back, luckily Frank did have the wits to use 4-3-3 because that got him 16 of his 20 points last season.

Have youn actually been paying attention to this club for the last 6 years?

The manager's office door is a revolving one for a reason.
The majority are backing Lampard. To suggest the pitchforkers will be out in force is false. Yes, a small.minority will be unhappy, but he has no striker to play. Rondon has been appalling for us so understandable not wanting to play him

Nah, sorry, he's being bigged up when he has no CV to back up the confidence some have in him.

Time for Frank fans to pipe down. He'll be judged just as Benitez was. Any fair minded fan would have it no other way.
Well no, im willing to give Lampard leeway for the following reasons :

1. Hes a young manager learning the game
2. Hes not a washed up kopite chancer

Well no, im willing to give Lampard leeway for the following reasons :

1. Hes a young manager learning the game
2. Hes not a washed up kopite chancer
Well no. I'm willing to give him leeway for the same reasons I would give any Everton manager leeway: because he is building something, improving us, and getting results.

If Frank goes 10 matches without a win, he'll be gone just as any Everton manager should be. It's about standards - not a brand name or acceptable image.

Then I'd like to have seen him do the first 45 and see if we could get a hold of the game.

I know Rondon isn't the answer, but I know even more that Gordon upfront isn't either.
I don’t think either of them are the answer in all honesty. But, at halftime, I was a bit upset that he didn’t change it.

Personally I would have thrown Rondon, Dele and Onana on for the front 3. Played direct to Rondon and try to have Dele pick-up the second ball, allowing the fullbacks to get further up and push Villa back

The majority are backing Lampard. To suggest the pitchforkers will be out in force is false. Yes, a small.minority will be unhappy, but he has no striker to play. Rondon has been appalling for us so understandable not wanting to play him
lol lol lol Completely naive.

Bruno Lage lost his 1st 4 games and Arteta was touted for the chop after 4 games and a 6-0 drubbbing from City. I can see some good things and some not so good but I can see with a striker and a bit more presence in midfield progress. The players didn’t fold today we should have been braver earlier, If Onana was introduced with 30 left I think we could have took all 3 points.

My point is, even if Frank gets 2 strikers, how long does he get using this 5-2-3 we don`t get results with?

Will our fans give him free reign to relegate us because him and Thelwell have been dealt the hand they have?

My opinion is we would already be better off if he`d not used that ? 5 at the back, Allardyce was defensive and he didn`t even use the 5! Only 2 managers to use this 5-2-3/5-4-1 is Rafael and Lampard. Lampard just took over exactly where Rafael was going with that 5 at the back, luckily Frank did have the wits to use 4-3-3 because that got him 16 of his 20 points last season.

It’s only 5 at the back out of possession though. He wants to play a wing back system when we have the ball. The issue is, the majority of the time appear happy to concede possession so we never have the ball that much.
He’s also brought in Coady because he’s used to playing in a three. Wolves let him go because they have gone to a back four which Coady isn’t suited to.

We’ve looked solid defensively with 5 both games though but he will alternate between both 3-5-2 and 4-3-3 if and when we get two forwards in

lol lol lol Completely naive.

He's playing into the boo bhoys hands by persisting with Gordon up top as he did with playing Kenny last season.

It's stubbornness that see's the fans turn against the manager.

Play King Salaman up top and if he isn't delivering the goods then his hands are tied and the fanbase understand.

I don’t think either of them are the answer in all honesty. But, at halftime, I was a bit upset that he didn’t change it.

Personally I would have thrown Rondon, Dele and Onana on for the front 3. Played direct to Rondon and try to have Dele pick-up the second ball, allowing the fullbacks to get further up and push Villa back
That's a decent shout.

I think Frank;s trying to do the measured managerial thing and give the starters up to the hour mark to prove the game plan right. But you need to be bold. Especially now when you have the extra subs to hold back for injuries.

I never mentioned Benitez once in the post you quoted.

As I said you look for reasons to argue with me and you will do from now, in 10 years, 20 years and so on and so forth until one of us is in the ground.

Thats cool but I'm not going to take part in the needless hate of a fellow blue.
Well the Benitez stuff wasnt about your earlier post .
It was the continual non stop Jaffa love in at any cost , and you knew what it was doing to the majority of Blues.

But now you wind people up telling half truths and lies to twist your narrative.

Lets face it you cant wait for Lampard to fail to justify nailing your colours to the good ship Jaffa boy.
Just to say you where right all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.