2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone trying to pretend there's no improvement is ridiculous. In the equivalent 13 games last season, in which we have only conceded 12 this season, we conceded 26 goals.

We also only scored 13 in the same games last season which is only 2 more than this season (in which we went 5 games with no striker).

Attack is a weak point both seasons, but now the defence is much improved, Frank can resolve the forward issues.

So much for Frank not being able to organise a defence.
Great point. For some reason, last season reminds me of a plane spiralling down from 30,000 feet. A new pilot takes control and steadily gets it back to 30,000 feet.

In my recollection, they generally say well done for getting back in control.

Everton were gone under that Benitez bloke, they were lucky to get another point. The staff were falling out, players were all over the shop. Lampard saved them somehow and has done an incredible job to get this far. Kopite media seems to have an agenda against him. He was number 1 to be sacked. Still there. Stevie Me laa has been and gone. Frank is still there.

Great point. For some reason, last season reminds me of a plane spiralling down from 30,000 feet. A new pilot takes control and steadily gets it back to 30,000 feet.

Everton were gone under that Benitez bloke, they were lucky to get another point. The staff were falling out, players were all over the shop. Lampard saved them somehow and has done an incredible job to get this far. Kopite media seems to have an agenda against him. He was number 1 to be sacked. Still there. Stevie Me laa has been and gone. Frank is still there.
Eh we're not up to 30k (as per the analogy lol ), but getting there, upward course and that.

Anyone trying to pretend there's no improvement is ridiculous. In the equivalent 13 games last season, in which we have only conceded 12 this season, we conceded 26 goals.

We also only scored 13 in the same games last season which is only 2 more than this season (in which we went 5 games with no striker).

Attack is a weak point both seasons, but now the defence is much improved, Frank can resolve the forward issues.

So much for Frank not being able to organise a defence.
Personally I think there've been improvements and I see lots more reasons to be optimistic than I did this time last year. I don't really think framing disagreeing with that as being 'ridiculous' is helpful though because ultimately - depending on how you decide which games are equivalent when relegated teams are involved - we don't necessarily have any more points.

I don't say that to criticise or doubt Lampard, just to highlight that we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves and start clapping ourselves (and the manager) on the back for improving us so much, until that improvement becomes a little bit more tangible.

Personally I think there've been improvements and I see lots more reasons to be optimistic than I did this time last year. I don't really think framing disagreeing with that as being 'ridiculous' is helpful though because ultimately - depending on how you decide which games are equivalent when relegated teams are involved - we don't necessarily have any more points.

I don't say that to criticise or doubt Lampard, just to highlight that we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves and start clapping ourselves (and the manager) on the back for improving us so much, until that improvement becomes a little bit more tangible.
It was more at the posters who are acting like there are no improvements. When there clearly are. Even if its just one metric. To me, it is ridiculous to suggest we haven't made any improvements.

Granted, there's still lots more to be done and lots more improvements to make. But acting as if we haven't improved at all is silly.

It was more at the posters who are acting like there are no improvements. When there clearly are. Even if its just one metric. To me, it is ridiculous to suggest we haven't made any improvements.

Granted, there's still lots more to be done and lots more improvements to make. But acting as if we haven't improved at all is silly.
I think we've improved in a few ways. If somebody's specifically saying 'we have not improved in any way shape or form by any metric' then i'd agree that it's difficult to work out what they've been watching, if somebody's just saying 'we've not improved' then (while I don't agree) I can see where they're coming from because points are a fairly standard way of looking at that kind of thing.

I can't see what more Frank can reasonably have been expected to do in his time in charge.

He's really only had one transfer window to work with after keeping us up. Most of the problem areas we all saw have been addressed and you can bet he is all too aware of the problems going forward and I'm confident that will be looked at in the next transfer window.

The plane analogy is a good one. He stopped the death spiral and is dragging is back to a level setting. If people expected is to be challenging the top 10 after last season then I think they need to go back to FIFA on the PlayStation as it's going to be a slow, solid rebuild in real life

The idea being the kopite media that stated Rafael was sacked in 16th and Lampard finished 16th. Without stating the death freefall of Signor Benitez.
He was well on his way to putting us in the relegation zone, after the start of October it was almost a guaranteed win for anyone playing Everton.

He also sold Digne for who knows what reason.

Good analogy. I was thinking similar but instead of a plane it was an oil tanker. Benitez was steering it towards an iceberg, then Frank had a hard time changing its direction. Slowly but surely he's improved us. Give him a few more transfer windows before we can judge him IMO.

Point remains that FL has not sorted or improved anything (Iwobi by luck aside). The defence has improved cos Thelwell signed 2 seasoned pros doing what they do.
I’m afraid I disagree. FL was clearly involved in bringing those players to the club. It didn’t happen behind his back. He is responsible for the highs and the lows.

Mykolenko has got better, Iwobi has got better and Mykolenko has got better.

It’s no surprise to me that the attack has regressed when Richarlison was sold. I’m viewing this as a process that will take a few seasons. The team really was bad enough to go down last year and as long as I see improvement I will back the manager.

We have done FAR FAR to much chopping and changing of managers. We need some stability. Frank has had nine months in charge. Give him a chance.

I’m afraid I disagree. FL was clearly involved in bringing those players to the club. It didn’t happen behind his back.

But The Athletic claims that Lampard wanted to add imposing Burnley defender James Tarkoswki to his squad, only to be met with resistance by the Chelsea director.

Status
Not open for further replies.