2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
All 3 teams that got relegated this season beat us and newly promoted Brentford who came up through the playoffs in the championship beat us twice

Frank has a huge job this summer to transform this side
You would have to think, though, that the fact we lost 10 points to the three relegated sides this term gives any kind of refreshed squad huge scope for attainable improvement next season. I think we went something like one win in 16/17 at one stage this season (some preposterous run of abysmal form). That cannot be repeated. There has to be a huge overhaul over the summer. If Lampard starts thinking all he needs is a few tweaks and a pre-season then he'll be toast by November. Massive change in personnel needed.

All 3 teams that got relegated this season beat us and newly promoted Brentford who came up through the playoffs in the championship beat us twice

Frank has a huge job this summer to transform this side
Agreed but equally we were unbeaten against the reigning champions league winners beat arsenal and united so you never know. The massive clear out (in my humble opinion) just isn't going to happen. There are going to be changes but not of the proportion that most of us think are required because we haven't got the financial wiggle room and players don't leave just because we want them to, the last few years have shown that.

Agreed but equally we were unbeaten against the reigning champions league winners beat arsenal and united so you never know. The massive clear out (in my humble opinion) just isn't going to happen. There are going to be changes but not of the proportion that most of us think are required because we haven't got the financial wiggle room and players don't leave just because we want them to, the last few years have shown that.
The biggest issue is our playing style. Think in 36 out of 38 games we have been outplayed by the opposition or something. I’m not saying I want us to turn into Man City overnight but controlling a game at home should be standard against most bottom half sides.

The biggest issue is our playing style. Think in 36 out of 38 games we have been outplayed by the opposition or something. I’m not saying I want us to turn into Man City overnight but controlling a game at home should be standard against most bottom half sides.
True which is where i think lampard wants to take us. He has played a style to keep us up. My main worry is our ability to bring enough quality in to change that style towards the style he wants to play, because at the moment we are a million miles away from the kind of quality to play a pressing possession based game.

One thing is for sure.. the last 4 months will have provided him with a big big dose of Everton-flavored salt to lick on. He surely knows what we need to do now heading into the summer if he is to progress us on the pitch.

Quite a bit it would seem to be classed a ”God among men” ;)

Anyhow Frank seems to like him so unless he hangs up his boots I’m guessing we’ll still be seeing him at least in cameos.
??????

I can go back earlier mate I just picked the first, examples - 1st October;

2nd October;

19th October

I mean, the fella had some pedigree. He had us in Europe. We backed him but didn't get him a striker. This was the start of his Prem;

Man City A (L) Chelsea A (L), Tottenham H (L) Man Utd A (L), Bournemouth H (W), Burnley (A) L

Koeman had a lot of mitigating factors which I shared at the time here: https://www.grandoldteam.com/2017/09/11/early-days/

But fans, including yourself was screaming for his sacking very early into a new season so you can't go laughing off the thought of fans wanting a manager out after 5 games as silly.

The same will happen again next season if he lost the first 5.

Managers don't get that luxury of time. [Edit - if results are that bad/successive defeats]

You'd think that the majority should be able to get their heads screwed on going forward.

Koeman and Silva were in a completely different set of circumstances. Both spent a combined £300million and things looked pretty bad which in hindsight could've been fine given time. But both managers showed zero in calming fears. Koeman was the most egotistical, arrogant, manager who didn't care. Silva was in a bit too deep.

With spending that amount of money comes expectations. We're not the only club that's spent and then fired when they're aren't reached (Chelsea, City, Villa, United, West Ham, with equal success and failure).

Going forward now is the fact that we can't spend or afford to get £100k a week flops, it needs to be shrewed business. With those limitations should mean Frank is given lower expectations and more time.

We were very fortunate that there were four teams marginally worse than us. I'm worried that Lampard didn't make us difficult to beat, even Allardyce had us beating the teams we needed to beat. Going to be difficult season coming.

We were very fortunate that there were four teams marginally worse than us. I'm worried that Lampard didn't make us difficult to beat, even Allardyce had us beating the teams we needed to.

Anyhow Frank seems to like him so unless he hangs up his boots I’m guessing we’ll still be seeing him at least in cameos.
trey-parker-embarrassed.gif

Best vault of the season and just in time as it ends.

The question was ”what has he done for Everton” and clearly, at least at some point, you thought he was doing good things for the club.

Coleman didn’t even play today and we conceeded 5 so not quite sure why all the criticism is bubbling up.

Here is something we can probably agree on - seems Dom is getting back fit and firing. I really liked his work for the goal today and glad Frank mentioned it in the after match interviews.
Roasted him like peanut but is applying dom ointment to the wound.

LL -the true mother of GOT

The correct way to take the above is with humility, humour and grace. Then there is...
Shame we’ve played football in the 4 years since.

Not much will change until we change personel. And im afraid we are one of the bottom half sides so we i wouldnt say its standard as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.