2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will out work every manager in the league. He’s used to success. He’s won every single ‘must win’ game since he arrived. Leeds, Newcastle, United, Chelsea, Leicester, Palace. Leeds aside they are all better than us and if he messes up even one of them we’re probably down as confidence was on the floor before all of them.

He finds a way, he wins big games. The club need to give him what he wants over the summer and the moronic hipster manager firing divvy element of the fanbase need to keep their gobs shut for at least 12 months and let a manager get on with his job at this club without their perpetual whining. Please can they just stfu for once and stop damaging the club.

I don’t know if he is good enough but he really bought into the club. Time will tell. I would put the Burnley game in the must win category. We are Hamstrung by FFP. The board can only give the manager what we are allowed to spend

He will out work every manager in the league. He’s used to success. He’s won every single ‘must win’ game since he arrived. Leeds, Newcastle, United, Chelsea, Leicester, Palace. Leeds aside they are all better than us and if he messes up even one of them we’re probably down as confidence was on the floor before all of them.

He finds a way, he wins big games. The club need to give him what he wants over the summer and the moronic hipster manager firing divvy element of the fanbase need to keep their gobs shut for at least 12 months and let a manager get on with his job at this club without their perpetual whining. Please can they just stfu for once and stop damaging the club.
We'll be sure to watch for that. The intrigue remains :)

Takes something to win big games when you have to as well. I understand people moaning about Watford but he’s literally been staring down the barrel of ‘must win’ games against Leeds Newcastle, United, Chelsea, Leicester, and now Palace, and he’s won all of them. Yeah credit to fans and players and all that but give me a manager that wins the big games rather than the one who wins enough nothing games but always falls short in big moments.

If Frank can stabilise us and get us into positions in domestic cups or even europa league where we’re going into big games at Goodison then it bodes well knowing that he’s got over the line before in pressure situations. As much as I loved Moyes it felt like he never would do it in a big game when had to.
Great point. I was saying the exact same thing to my missus this morning, Moyes did well And I'm not disregarding it but when the going got tough Moyes got going. All of those nearly moments, when he left I Was chuffed it was just stale with no hope of improvement. He waved the white flag far too many times. Things got that bad this season I was hoping he was back but we deserve better and I hope Frank is that.

There are plenty about. Saw some plum congratulating Benitez on getting 49% of our points this season lol

I think some of the edgy journos seem to have it in for Frank.

It`s not that mate, it`s that " Benitez" still has a lot of " friends "in the media and those that aren`t, are scared that if he ever gets another job in the prem, that they`ll get blackballed, if they dare to write anything bad about him.

That`s from my neighbour, who is footy journalist for a broadsheet and is still blackballed after writing a scathing article on him, when he was at the RS all those years ago.

He has done well in a short period of time with a squad which was dead and buried.

He needs to improve because he hasn't been perfect but by getting his own players.

I pray to all Gods that he sorts the medical department out because it's been a warzone these past 3 seasons.

I like the fact he mentioned they will be working on the injuries front. Will be interesting to see where we go with that, hope its a complete review of the backroom staff, facilities and playing staff. Sell all the injury prone players, buy players with good fitness records.

There are plenty about. Saw some plum congratulating Benitez on getting 49% of our points this season lol

I think some of the edgy journos seem to have it in for Frank.
Saw Geordies saying we wouldn't be in this mess if we had Benitez on the bench.

Because "he's always better in the second half of the season" like that's a compliment. Be better the whole year you absolute walrus.

This. Been shafted by reffing decisions since he's come in.

Thought we were unlucky against both City and Liverpool, not just in terms of decisions but in terms of the chances we created, the way we played against them. Lack of quality and composure in those games also contributed, that pass before the pass, final effort on goal. That's a tough one to solve though, unless you've got millyons to spend
Even last night. One of ours makes a tackle like that and it’s a straight red!

It's important not to forget the absolute state we were in when Frank took over. It wasn't just a bad run of form. It was a complete and utter shambles and the fact that we've managed to somehow avoid relegation is incredible given where we were.

We've still been very patchy, but somehow getting this group of useless players across the line, getting the fans united again and beating the drop for me is remarkable and I'll never forget what this guy has done for my club ?
This is what winds me up on the gang of idiots who say "took them from 16th to 16th" and crap like that. Anyone who had watched us every week going into January knew where we were heading and anyone who knew the actual quality of the squad not just "oh I recognise that name he was great 3 years ago" knew it too.

Lampard won't get the credit he deserves for what he's done by anyone except Everton fans. Eddie Howe has done a great job at Newcastle no one is disputing that but there's the fact that he spent £100m in January and is currently only 7 points ahead of us. Yet the conversation is Howe deserves to listed for Manager of The Year for what he's done there but Lampard for some reason shouldn't be proud or consider this an achievement.

Then again what should I expect, the media bias has never been more clear since Pep rightfully called the lot of them out for what they truly are.

I like the fact he mentioned they will be working on the injuries front. Will be interesting to see where we go with that, hope its a complete review of the backroom staff, facilities and playing staff. Sell all the injury prone players, buy players with good fitness records.
He might have his pick of up & coming Chelsea players, within our budget etc plus promising youth players too....

Status
Not open for further replies.