2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tactics yes but players need confidence too, look at Pickord and Iwobi as best examples, they need a happy enviroment, its a pleasure to be on the pitch for us right now. Look at Keane on Sunday, fantastic performance from a confidence player without worries

Besides that, isnt it more fun as a supporter if we all having a good time too?
Support can be a 12 man. But let’s not get too carried away

Meh one league win in nearly four months worth of football, with a record like that, you deserve to be booted out on your rear end.

Thank god we have a manger now, who seems to know what he's doing, and who has reunited what was a divided and broken fanbase.

We were going going and gone, under that kopite slob of a former manager imo.
Sorry, apology unaccepted.

Got a long way to go. If he keeps us up he deserves a shot at recycling this team in the summer and getting his ideas across.

I've warmed to him even more over the last few games, I thought he was another stubborn manager who'd refuse to deviate from his 'style', happy that he's recognised the need to be pragmatic and is doing so.

When he signed I was pleased because we needed someone to galvanise the squad and appease the supporters, I think he has just about achieved that, but it's been (and continues to be) a bumpy ride. I fear that Frank is a championship manager, but do admire his persona and ability in front of the camera, a decent bloke who by the standards of football managers, speaks with a degree of honesty and common sense. I don't think he will lead us to the promised land, but I'm old enough to know a mirage when I see one. On the fence.

We need to give this guy some time. Even if we have a stinker next year. We need some stability. We are probably gonna be looking at buying misfits, out of contract and kids, next season. So it might not be a great one. But we need to give a manager a few years and let them build an identity and a style of play for the whole club.
I feel like he is gonna learn on the job. As supporters, we need to accept that and back him and the team.

Yes he's not a genius but in difficult circumstances he has done a good job.
I know new manager bounce is a thing, but most managers need a lot of time to get their tactics, methods across to the players.

Some superb recent results have certainly given us hope for a better future and hopefully this massive kick up the arse will ring a few bells in the Boards head.

So whilst I dont think hes a genius, he CURRENTLY has enough in the Goat bank for me to want to see what he can do with a window or 2 and more time.

I dont consider him a genius, I have concerns, but if he keeps us up im willing to give him plenty of time to "build" something here.

People say this but if we lost the first two games next season there’d be lids questioning his position. In fact there’s one already who doesn’t want to give him the summer because he plays the wrong style. That’s large parts of the fanbase now, we’ve become as trigger happy as our owner.

People say this but if we lost the first two games next season there’d be lids questioning his position. In fact there’s one already who doesn’t want to give him the summer because he plays the wrong style. That’s large parts of the fanbase now, we’ve become as trigger happy as our owner.
I think I was probably 1 of the last to cling on to Silva, all the others I probably wanted sacking the same time as everyone else, but I do remember suggesting we didnt sack him right up to the moment he was sacked.

The thing is with Lampard now, especially if we stay up is that it's the spirit he's injected back in to the club, there simply can't be many life long true blues who'll want him out any time soon.

Also, it's bloody brilliant watching an eloquent and level headed, straight speaking Everton manager talking to the press, rather than cringing at the sight of them for the last few years as I've done.

Summer is his time to put his own stamp on this team, and for me he's got a tune out of other people's hand me downs already.

Status
Not open for further replies.