2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worth noting that Benitez had a full pre-season to get the squad playing his style of play.

Lampard has inherited that squad after its had every ounce of confidence knocked out of them, and is trying to convert them to playing a positive attacking style mid season. A tougher task for Frank.

Should we stay up, a closer comparison would be the first 19 games of next season.
Who knocked the confidence out of them? LOL. Thats an argument. Everton a football club or a loony bin from

"One Flew Out of the Cuckoo's Nest"?​

I see Keane as Nicholson (after the operation) and Holgate the midget version of the Indian.

Its worrying isnt it when he goes on about posession football and trying to "dominate" games. That should not be the focus of a team with 22 points from 26 games. We should set up to keep 0-0 in every match. Try to nick it 1-0 on a deadball situation or a counter attack.
12 goalless draws from now gives us 34 points total. Might just be enough.

Its worrying isnt it when he goes on about posession football and trying to "dominate" games. That should not be the focus of a team with 22 points from 26 games. We should set up to keep 0-0 in every match. Try to nick it 1-0 on a deadball situation or a counter attack.
12 goalless draws from now gives us 34 points total. Might just be enough.

But we can’t be doing that because the players cannot defend and keep clean sheets. Soon as we go 1 down we crumble. Do you really want to see this lot try shut up shop for 90 minutes?

But we can’t be doing that because the players cannot defend and keep clean sheets. Soon as we go 1 down we crumble. Do you really want to see this lot try shut up shop for 90 minutes?
I think we should at least try to play deep and let our oponents be the ones trying to be creative and break us down. We have zero creativity but the one thing we might be able to do is hit teams on the counter with Gray/Gordon

He doesn't have a ruthless attitude. He's too nice.
If that's true I think it would be more a result of feeling insecure in his position tbh. It's like a new and inexperienced teacher who worries too much about being found out and will often try to befriend his/her students and try too hard to be liked. This will be okay for a while but ultimately it's a huge mistake that they will correct with experience. On the other hand without success or experience (and especially with this team) if he gets in their face and upsets them they will just throw him under the bus and blame it on him!
He can't really win (unless the team is winning) and we seem to have hit the skids without even a new manager bounce this time!
I really worry for us now because this appointment is IMO the worst kind and at the worst kind of time. He wasn't able to do too much damage at Chelsea cause they had quality players but with us?
I'd have more hope with Dunc in charge but he would also face the same problem of lack of experience and public confidence in him when things are going wrong.

If that's true I think it would be more a result of feeling insecure in his position tbh. It's like a new and inexperienced teacher who worries too much about being found out and will often try to befriend his/her students and try too hard to be liked. This will be okay for a while but ultimately it's a huge mistake that they will correct with experience. On the other hand without success or experience (and especially with this team) if he gets in their face and upsets them they will just throw him under the bus and blame it on him!
He can't really win (unless the team is winning) and we seem to have hit the skids without even a new manager bounce this time!
I really worry for us now because this appointment is IMO the worst kind and at the worst kind of time. He wasn't able to do too much damage at Chelsea cause they had quality players but with us?
I'd have more hope with Dunc in charge but he would also face the same problem of lack of experience and public confidence in him when things are going wrong.
It's just ridiculous. We are going down. We should have appointed a heavy punter like Paul Heckingbotham of Sheff Utd. Maybe he would have got us out of our situation. But he would have cracked heads along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.