2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
…..of course it is. He picked a team of slugs and played a high line at at Spurs.
Big mistake today, starting with Coleman (who was absolutely woeful v Spurs!), Kenny and Holgate was just an accident waiting to happen! Play one out of the three and he might just get away with it but not all three!

Ok, so Frank..

- Call the players in individually and ask them if they want to be at Everton football club next season. If not or if there is any hesitation then jettison them from the squad.

- Choose a back 4 and stick with it. At this point I’m going Patterson.Keane.Holgate.Godfrey.

- Play a 4-3-3 every single week so everybody knows their role.

- Mix up the substitutions. Give Dobbin or El Ghazi a chance.

Yeah, he has the ingredients. But he's still not a winner, and never will be. Budget has nothing to do with it. You can give Moyes billions and he'd still put out a team playing average football and winning nothing.
I simply don’t believe that. We never gave him the tools and Man Utd never gave him any time. Both us and Man Utd have gone majorly backwards due to our hire and fire approach.

The way he has consolidated at West Ham with a tiny squad of players is very impressive. McLean, Fergie and Moyes are all major overachievers relative to resources.

Even injuries aside, I don’t think anyone truly believed this squad was this bad. Every time I see our XI displayed on sky sports during a relegation discussion or hear it being discussed on a football podcast, the “too good to go down” line is continually trotted out. But, and I mean this as no slight on the lad, when you’re “in form” (and I use the term loosely) player is Gordon, well you’re in big trouble.

There is also no defensive combo or selection that I can see working. The personnel are all just awful. Even if you try and flood the back line with 5 and two holders etc I just don’t see us not conceding.

Yeah. Every time i hear that i just roll my eyes and think..you dont watch Everton much do you.

He got it badly wrong again today with tactics, we just can't play without a three man midfield,in his defence, with the exception of Gordon and perhaps Pickford, those players should be hanging their heads in shame. I still think Lampard is the man for us, but,we are going down this season, of that I have little doubt.

He needs just stop messing with defence and formation.

Pick a 4-3-3 and above all
Superimposed1647192599652.jpg

I'd give him a new 5 year contract tomorrow. Make a statement that this man is in charge for the long haul. It might get more of a reaction out of the players as well.

If we really want to go down the young manager route and get relegated I would give the job to Nathan Jones. He’s been great at Luton.

Status
Not open for further replies.