2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club were going to hire Pereira, and then changed course because of the graffiti on the wall and the fan protests.

So when people are saying we should have hired x instead, we haven’t got a leg to stand on because Lampard was the fans choice.

My position has been clear that the manager is almost irrelevant because these players and the club infrastructure that sits behind them are an utter disgrace.

The mental gymnastics in our fanbase is amazing at the moment.

Fact is we should have never sacked Benitez and should have let him rip the club apart and rebuild it back up.

Sacking him when there was no top quality replacement mid season was daft and the money it cost to sack him probably stopped us signing a CB which was massively needed.

The moaners got there way as they did chasing Pereira for Frankel now they want his head not even 9 games in! lol

I still cant believe the board thought it was a good idea to hire a manager with zero experience of a relegation fight. We'd have been better off getting big Sam back with sammy Lee.

Frank Spencer is not up for a relegation battle. This is by far the worst Everton team i have seen in my 35 years of supporting this club.

Although years of terrible recruitment have tied his hands I cannot understand his choices. The same players keep getting in the side despite having proven they are useless. Hoping he sees the light and starts playing some youngsters as watching the same nonsense each week is draining.

He belongs in the TV studio. Talking well doesn’t make you a good manager - See Gary Neville who thought that being a whizz on the touchscreen meant he could take on the 3rd biggest club in Spain.

It's great to see all these Damascene conversions to the simple truth that the players are second tier standard, but this was also the truth when Senor Benitez was in charge and people were less forgiving of that truth then, for some reason. Ancelotti would have eventually been fired by this squad of players - the 5-0 at City last season was a mere aperitif for what would have happened to even the great Carlo, but he was too canny to hang around and sink with the ship. Instead, our novice manager will be the fall guy.

Just some progressive coaching and set piece work and these players could easily be top half wasn’t it?

Its not the managers fault (any manager) when players aren’t running, jumping out of tackles, ducking under balls, staying offside, getting themselves sent off, missing sitters, not tracking runners, not marking at set pieces.

The players at the club have been doing this all the time since 17:18 apart from a run of a few games under Allardyce, 3/4 of a season under Silva, and 12 months under Ancelotti. The rest of the time it’s just been relegation form.

This was always Kay argument under a Benitez as well but people read that as I worshipped him. I couldn’t have cared less for him but anyone with a brain cell could see he wasn’t the root of the problems at the club. Since he’s left we’ve lost every game except Leeds. What more proof do people need.

The majority of the players at Lampard's disposal are mentally weak and uninterested. Not a fighter among them. The silver lining is most of them will jump ship once the club drops into the Championship.

Fact is we should have never sacked Benitez and should have let him rip the club apart and rebuild it back up.

Sacking him when there was no top quality replacement mid season was daft and the money it cost to sack him probably stopped us signing a CB which was massively needed.

The moaners got there way as they did chasing Pereira for Frankel now they want his head not even 9 games in! lol
We should never have hired him in the first place. He got rid of Digne ffs.

Its quite ironic that if we do stay up most of the points would have been won by Benitez but people couldnt get past his previous link to the RS.

He should never have been hired. Don’t think we’d be here today in all honesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.