2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patterson seemed to need time to bed in. If we had signed Trippier then we'd have had a top right back from day 1.

Kenny was played at left back...we'd have had Targett.

Theres been no defensive midfielder until Delph came in. We'd have had Guimaraes.

I mean this is obvious. Are you trolling?

FWIW id prefer having Mykolenko + Patterson to their full backs next season. Im very jealous they got Guimaraes though.
Trippier is 2 years younger than Coleman. If we had signed him there would have been a mutiny.

Didn't want Benitez in the first place, I'm sure you'll find posts from me supporting that.

But after his appointment, then I support the Everton manager.

Because I am an Everton fan.
You support Everton not the manager, the two don't have to be mentioned in the same context.

When the manager goes, Everton remain, that is the constant in all of this.

If Everton are successful, great, if Everton aren't, I personally don't have to credit it to the manager.

In Benitez case though, he was entirely the wrong appointment, should never have been considered to be associated with Everton in any way whatsoever. For that, it's on Mosh 100%, not Benitez for taking the job but it was proven he was the wrong appointment 100%

I follow Everton not a manager.

Howard Kendall aside that is, but even he had some huge detractors 1st, 2nd and 3rd time around, was pretty close to being booted in 84 as was Sir Alex at Utd.

I fondly remember Howard Kendall, the good and the bad, I cannot say I will say anything positive about Benitez, ever. A stain on this club, is what he is.

1 question for you!

When you say for example, we won the FA Cup in 66, do you say Everton won or Harry Catterick won, or did Everton lose a match or did Benitez lose? Its always EVERTON right?

Last edited:
Trippier is 2 years younger than Coleman. If we had signed him there would have been a mutiny.

Right? But that wasnt the point was it.

The point was that Howe got 2 wins in 9 games and spent £100mil to give his team an instant boost.

If Lampard had those exaxt same players he wouldnt have had to use Coleman or Kemny + would have had a top DM.

No idea why youre arguing with this lol

Next season we'll benefit with our young full backs...but what if Lampard had £100mil....wed be better off.

You support Everton not the manager, the two don't have to be mentioned in the same context.

When the manager goes, Everton remain, that is the constant in all of this.

If Everton are successful, great, if Everton aren't, I personally don't have to credit it to the manager.

In Benitez case though, he was entirely the wrong appointment, should never have been considered to be associated with Everton in any way whatsoever. For that, it's on Mosh 100%, not Benitez for taking the job but it was proven he was the wrong appointment 100%

I follow Everton not a manager.

Howard Kendall aside that is, but even he had some huge detractors 1st, 2nd and 3rd time around, was pretty close to being booted in 84 as was Sir Alex at Utd.

I fondly remember Howard Kendall, he good and the bad, I cannot say I will say anything positive about Benitez, ever. A stain on this club, is what he is.

1 question for you!

When you say for example, we won the FA Cup in 66, do you say Everton won or Harry Catterick won, or did Everton lose a match or did Benitez lose? Its always EVERTON right?

Good post.

Yes, it's Everton.

If Frank gets sacked and goes to manage elsewhere, I'm still an Everton fan, not a Frank fan.

With Benitez, (I remember and I posted as much) I felt sick to my stomach with worry about the appointment. But I'm not a Benitez hater, life's to short.

Right? But that wasnt the point was it.

The point was that Howe got 2 wins in 9 games and spent £100mil to give his team an instant boost.

If Lampard had those exaxt same players he wouldnt have had to use Coleman or Kemny + would have had a top DM.

No idea why youre arguing with this lol

Next season we'll benefit with our young full backs...but what if Lampard had £100mil....wed be better off.
Lampard could have had Targett on loan instead he got van der beek and alli

Targett went to Newcastle on the last day of the transfer window

Also if he had trippier he would still be starting Coleman over him

Well he was available after Digne was bought by villa

Obviously we bought a replacement in Mykolenko but if we hadn’t then there is no reason why we couldn’t have got him if we needed a left back

Just because a player is available doesn't automatically mean we could have had him. Julian Alvarez was available, could we have had him? Luis Diaz? Chris Wood? Bentancur?

Just because a player is available doesn't automatically mean we could have had him. Julian Alvarez was available, could we have had him? Luis Diaz? Chris Wood? Bentancur?
He was the reserve left back at villa who wanted game time and was available on loan on the last day of the transfer window

There’s a bit of a different context to those other players you mentioned

He was the reserve left back at villa who wanted game time and was available on loan on the last day of the transfer window

There’s a bit of a different context to those other players you mentioned

Well they all moved, some had release clauses, all available.

Again, just because Targett was backup to Digne doesn't automatically mean we could have got him and doesn't mean you can say "oh but Lampard thought Mykolenko would be enough so used his loan on a midfielder".

Conjecture at its finest.

Lampard could have had Targett on loan instead he got van der beek and alli

Targett went to Newcastle on the last day of the transfer window

Also if he had trippier he would still be starting Coleman over him

We'd already signed Mykolenko. We wouldnt sign 2 left backs.

Your initial argument was that Howe had done better than Lampard.

Mine was that Howe won 2 in 9. Then he spent £100mil and started winning.

If Lampard had that money we'd be doing better. You disagree.

Your argument is insane.

We'd already signed Mykolenko. We wouldnt sign 2 left backs.

Your initial argument was that Howe had done better than Lampard.

Mine was that Howe won 2 in 9. Then he spent £100mil and started winning.

If Lampard had that money we'd be doing better. You disagree.

Your argument is insane.
as Nymzee would say that is conjecture at its finest

Nonsense

I supported the team because I'm an Evertonian but I at no point supported the manager because he was a terrible appointment and a red through and through

No Evertonian supported the appointment of Benitez
That's two very different things. No one supported the appointment but many supported him once it was done in order to support the team.

That's two very different things. No one supported the appointment but many supported him once it was done in order to support the team.
I dont really get that tbh. I want the team to win because I like winning but I was never going to support a manager I believe was fundamentally the wrong choice

You don't have to support a manager to be a supporter of the team. In fact you aren't supporting the team if you are backing the manager to the detriment of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.