2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think he regrets not rating rudiger? All managers make missteps in identifying quality players just look at Mourinho. I think he completely froze out rudiger and now he's signed for real it's crazy

Unreal waffle that.

He set us up NOT TO LOSE, TO BE DIFFICULT TO BEAT and it WORKED as we AVOIDED RELEGATION

You chat as if we are some kind of boss footballing side. WE ARE CRAP FFS, can barely string 3 passes together at the best of times and had been battered left right and centre for 14 games when he came in.

He done what he needed to do, keep us up and the fact that you keep chatting crap about it not being pleasing on the eye makes you so far detached from the reality of Everton staring into the abyss that i honestly don't know why you bother.

Edit oh and guess what, goalkeepers get paid to MAKE SAVES, whether it hits them in the face, the arse, the hand or leg that is their job.

Well said ;)

Didnt take long for the Jaffa boy asslickers to start sharpening the knives for Frank.

Disgusting really.

I was vehemently against FSW as anyone. Let's not gloss over Lampards actual record and not the blue tinted glasses version some fans want to have.
4 away points is a shocking stat. His tactics away from home especially were bordering on insanity.

I hate this absolutely ridiculous 'Lampard only got them from 16th to 16th! Benitez had a similar points tally... etc, etc' narrative peddled around.

I heard an analogy a few weeks back, if an incompetent pilot took a plane from whatever thousand feet to 500 feet to imminent doom, then a more competent pilot took over and kept it at 500 feet for however many miles it took to get to a safe landing spot, would the new pilot get criticised for keeping it at 500 feet and then safely landing? Of course not. This is in effect what Lampard done after Benitez.

Lampard has also completely galvanised our fan base, something I thought near impossible these last few years and from a personal point of view, got me back to the levels I used to feel for the Blues before my apathy set in, not to forget, he also completely ripped up his 'philosophy' book and completely changed the way he would like football to be played in order to get us over the line, I dont care who you are, that takes proper balls.

Give the fella a chance.

I hate this absolutely ridiculous 'Lampard only got them from 16th to 16th! Benitez had a similar points tally... etc, etc' narrative peddled around.

I heard an analogy a few weeks back, if an incompetent pilot took a plane from whatever thousand feet to 500 feet to imminent doom, then a more competent pilot took over and kept it at 500 feet for however many miles it took to get to a safe landing spot, would the new pilot get criticised for keeping it at 500 feet and then safely landing? Of course not. This is in effect what Lampard done after Benitez.

Lampard has also completely galvanised our fan base, something I thought near impossible these last few years and from a personal point of view, got me back to the levels I used to feel for the Blues before my apathy set in, not to forget, he also completely ripped up his 'philosophy' book and completely changed the way he would like football to be played in order to get us over the line, I dont care who you are, that takes proper balls.

Give the fella a chance.
Completely agree.

He gets the chance to prove himself as a manager who can get us winning a lot of games in a style that's watchable.

Some of use are nuts give the man a chance he deserves it. Carlo you know him champions league winner this year probably make a case for greatest ever manager got this squad 10th probably a better squad to what Lampard had with James and Digne. Benitez I didn’t want him but when we got him. I got behind him wanted him to do well for Everton’s sake he had us heading in only one direction before he got the boot. Lampard come in united the fan base kept us up. I will be happy with anything that isn’t a relegation battle next season. Why do some people think we are capable of playing like 70s Brazil and if we don’t it’s all on the manger and the set up. We have an awful squad we need a manger to be able to stay in his job an build and progress the squad.

Personally don't love that. It is going to take a few years to overhaul the squad. If he can't get more out of it now he might not have it.

I think your concerns aren't as unreasonable as some are making out here mate.

While I do fall on the side of, particularly post-Burnley away, he set us up exactly how we needed to be. Hard to beat, complete work-rate off the ball, get in front and see games out... I do agree he made mistakes, especially early on when we just got obliterated when trying to play football.

However, 3 things to consider:

1. A good manager changes it when something clearly isn't working. Not addressing this was what kiled off Martinez, Koeman, Silva and Benitez to an extent. Lampard did change, I think for some he left it a bit late which is fair, I personally think like many managers before him he's came in and seen a team full of internationals and thought maybe they just need to be allowed to play footy and everything will be sound. Thankfully unlike some of his predecessors, he changed it up and got the results we needed.

2. When Lampard first came in, he wanted us to get the ball down, play and control games. I think everyone would agree with you that we should be aiming for that. I think it stands to reason that with a full pre-season with the squad, we will see at least some return to the team being more set up to play with the ball rather than without it. I would like to think that the demand for maximum effort, fight and grit Lampard instilled in the team in the end of season run-in will be our baseline off the ball at least while we try to improve what we do with the ball.

3. We shouldn't be completely dependent on getting all the manager's ideal transfers in before we can assess the job they are doing. A good manager will get more out of players who have not really kicked on under previous managers. I personally, am encouraged by seeing this in Iwobi. Richarlison and Pickford aside, Iwobi was the player of the season for me since Lampard came in and by far the most improved. We will not get all the players we need this summer, so it's essential we see more of this developing the players we currently have if we're to progress. In short, I think there are some positive signs that Lampard will be able to offer us that ability.

I think people have to remember that Lampard is very, very early into his managerial career. He has only managed 2 full seasons in his 4 years of management. He got that Chelsea job way too early and was always destined for the sack given what Chelsea had always been in the Abramovic years. Mistakes will be made, but for me I see a guy who actually learns from his mistakes.

Give the fella a chance.
Sure he needs a chance, let’s see if he takes it, to be fair he’s got a huge and difficult job on his hands and little money to bring new players in so bear that in mind.

One thing I don’t agree with, I don’t think he galvanised the fan base , we the fans, especially the younger ones who haven’t seen seen Everton win a sausage since they started watching Everton, got together and made sure the players knew our feelings about the club we love and roared them on to the victories that kept us in the premier league, some of the scenes of pure joy and relief after that win versus Crystal Palace will stay with me forever.an old man who danced with joy when that final whistle went then struggled to walk to the Taxi Club for my lift home.

Give the fella a chance.

Bingo, I thought the former could only be healed by us fluking an FA Cup or League Cup at this point. I truly believe we have our Everton back now. And the latter is key for me also, a winner who will do what it takes to get the results and someone humble enough to admit he was wrong and learn and grow from past mistakes.

I'm of the mind that whether Lampard is the one true leader who can restore Everton is, candidly, irrelevant. He's probably competent enough, and the club needs stability and progress rather than 4 more cycles of trying to find the perfect fit who can work miracles. At this point I don't think we can sustain another quick trigger change unless the manager beyond all hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.