Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must admit I am beginning to think Lampard might be the only option. Not that I originally wanted him but if there's good support for him and he wants the job, given his experience with Derby then Chelsea and big name players as a manager as well as a player, he might be the "up and coming" manager that would work. But it doesn't mater who
comes in there has to be major surgery at the club. You can't keep running it the way it's been run in the last few years. If he wants the job given the state of the club then he's taking a risk nevermind us.

Maybe we can "know" each other to safety. Not sure I buy 'knows the league' or 'gets the team'. Numerous managers are successful at clubs and in leagues where they've previously had no known experience. Often, in fact, it helps - fresh pair of eyes, not encumbered by any kind of historical precedent

Like you @Marius57 I'm not really advocating for either of them, but I do find the tendency to favour one over the other a little disingenuous
Yeah, Im not fussed by PL experience. Saying that, Moyes (best manager for us in my lifetime) while not having PL experience, had been involved within the English leagues etc so was again, familiar with the set up etc.

Pereira is a complete unknown in this country management wise. And familiarity leads to feeling safer. So I do get it. Out of the two id go for Lampard, probably because I know more about him from a footballing perspective, which does come down to familiarity.

But at this point, either would do as both are a gamble and if they are the only choices, mosh just needs to pick one and get it done.

I'm well chuffed if it's Frank .......

Dirty Old Man GIFs | Tenor

Talking of that clown, I wonder if he’ll still be gracing us with his presence, when the new manager is announced or he’ll be invading the forum, of one of the “ top “ clubs, that have offered Benitez a job lol
Yeah he's still here mate, he confirmed Pereira as signed about three days ago 1 year deal with an option for a further one if I remember correctly. He really should be banned for his lies at this stage.

Talking about it with my brother the other day he was in the end where big bob scored for some reason i was at the other end with my Dad i was young so that's probably why. Never left a game so sick to the pit of my stomach than that day ever
I was in the Kop with mate Eddie , Latch,s goal went in we went ballistic , still cant believe how he headed it in dived at a low cross !
Then the world came crashing down , 2 minutes to go jammy diving header though cross shouldnt have been allowed to get in there ,
was like a Zombie and cant really recall train ride home

Hed want to be one smart cookie and knows some psychology to get these lads to listen to him. Being the same age as them n all.

Yeah, Im not fussed by PL experience. Saying that, Moyes (best manager for us in my lifetime) while not having PL experience, had been involved within the English leagues etc so was again, familiar with the set up etc.

Pereira is a complete unknown in this country management wise. And familiarity leads to feeling safer. So I do get it. Out of the two id go for Lampard, probably because I know more about him from a footballing perspective, which does come down to familiarity.

But at this point, either would do as both are a gamble and if they are the only choices, mosh just needs to pick one and get it done.
Problem is that in the whole world of possibilities we have been presented with this Hobson’s choice of two lacklustre candidates.
Personally I wouldn’t want either of them.
It just further illustrates how abysmally this club is administered.
We will not prosper unless we change ownership and board entirely.
I’m not holding my breath.

It's this really.

Vitor at this stage would be suicide. I"m not saying I'd ever want Vitor, but the only time I'd ever consider it is taking a punt on him over the summer, see how his first 10-15 games go, and if it's a dumpster fire cut bait and move on.

Never in a million years could anyone think it was appropriate to give a complete unknown the keys when, let's face it, we're in a relegation battle.

The risk far outweighs the reward.

I'm not 100% on Lampard. He is though the least divisive candidate & what we need more than anything else right now is a guy we can all get behind. Announce Pieriereriaeriear & our shoulders & heads slump. Announce Lampard & we all take a deep breathe, say alright, & get on with getting on & hopefully move in a better direction.

Either way the club need to hurry up. Today should really be the day.

As I said the other day, this lid does a boss Kenwright impression on those spaces.

Your Blue Union….
Hopefully we announce this today then get 3 or 4 players in ASAP, the thing to remember is how much the already low moral will be amongst the players, we simply have to go in turbo mode until Monday on bringing in players. I would assume (however mmmm) the board will be discussing players with lampard as we only have a few days. The whole landscape would be transformed if suddenly by Monday we have Frank in charge with some exciting incomings, by christ the fans deserve some joy.

I would never have imagined Lampard in the job even weeks ago.

You can't make any predictions with Everton.

But in terms of his age and playing/management experience, he would be able to relate to the players and they in turn, will respect his playing career if nothing else.

What will be will be. If he does take the job, I hope all these interviews will have opened his eyes to the task he is facing.

If he is up for that, then it's down to work and with my backing.

Status
Not open for further replies.