Formations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite simply I hope we're set up for the required game with a formation / game plan that wins.

I DO NOT WANT a martinezesque situation whereby the philosophy (i.e. Formation) is so blindly followed that in some (I'm being kind) games we had no chance.

For the first time in many a year, I'm excited by the prospect of having the personnel to vary the formation when needed and moreso, a competent, experienced and knowledgeable manager that can do it.

UTFT

Think whether we like it or not, Sigurdsson is still going to be a starter in this team...

Pickford
RB Holgate Keane Digne
Doucoure Allan Sigurdsson
James DCL Richarlison

I think whatever we land on (and I’m no expert) it needs to get Rodríguez high up the pitch with plenty of the ball. No point him spending most of the match chasing after the opposition full back.

Quite simply I hope we're set up for the required game with a formation / game plan that wins.

I DO NOT WANT a martinezesque situation whereby the philosophy (i.e. Formation) is so blindly followed that in some (I'm being kind) games we had no chance.

For the first time in many a year, I'm excited by the prospect of having the personnel to vary the formation when needed and moreso, a competent, experienced and knowledgeable manager that can do it.

UTFT
100% with this, realistically we ain’t going to use the same formation when we’re at Home to someone like WBA then use the same formation away to Man City say but there’s so many guys behind the scenes who will be helping Carlo delft the right team and formation for different opponents. If you ask me we need another winger for the times when we try and play with the extra width

Think whether we like it or not, Sigurdsson is still going to be a starter in this team...

Pickford
RB Holgate Keane Digne
Doucoure Allan Sigurdsson
James DCL Richarlison
Really? Let’s say gbamin and Gomes get fit (proper fit not like last season) I don’t see siggy getting a look in

100% with this, realistically we ain’t going to use the same formation when we’re at Home to someone like WBA then use the same formation away to Man City say but there’s so many guys behind the scenes who will be helping Carlo delft the right team and formation for different opponents. If you ask me we need another winger for the times when we try and play with the extra width
With you on that. An extra for the right side. Though haven't got a clue who. Perhaps risky, as not seen him in the "hole" before, but I'd keep Bernard. I think he's more on a wavelength with our new crop. Siggy to go.....if possible. Iwobi dispensable too.

With you on that. An extra for the right side. Though haven't got a clue who. Perhaps risky, as not seen him in the "hole" before, but I'd keep Bernard. I think he's more on a wavelength with our new crop. Siggy to go.....if possible. Iwobi dispensable too.
I hope he keeps theo for when he does goes with wingers, not convinced about Bernard on the wing I like him at times but I get fed up of seeing him pushed off the ball so easily, I think we may keep bolasie too as a option if we can’t flog

i can see a front 3 of Richarlison, DCL and Keane with a midfield of Allan, James and Docoure for games we should be attacking, and Keane dropping out for a midfielder when we need a more defensive set up

2 options

Pickford
Kenny Holgate Mina Digne
James Doucoure Allan Gordon
Kean/DCL Richarlison

Pickford
Kenny Holgate Mina Digne
Doucoure Allan James
Walcott/Iwobi Kean/DCL Richarlison

We still need to get rid of 5/6 players and bring in a RB, a goalkeeper and a winger

Status
Not open for further replies.