Form on the up, Top 4 Wide Open, But.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

LydiateLee

Player Valuation: £8m
.....the League Cup still simply MUST be our priority.

Squeeky voice said it last night on MNF and he is right.

We don't get many opportunities like the one we are faced with this year. City are the only team left in it who we would remotely fear and even they get destroyed by our average neighbours.

I mean it, rest players in the league before it, do whatever you have to, but if Roberto even dares to play anything but his absolute strongest XI at Middlesbrough I will explode. I don't think I'll be on my own.

This club needs a silver pot.

i think we have the squad to put out a BIT of a weaker side and still pick up 3 points in the league with possibly a tad more focus on the cup now. it's only 4 more games max, would that really detriment our league form?

never been an advocate of the league cup before but we do have a big chance now.

I don't care how mickey mouse others - largely those knocked out already - consider the Capital One Cup, it's a trophy, it's a Wembley day out, it's the gateway to Europe and win and we'll be the BIG news for once.

Albeit probably only for five minutes... as Klippity will probably take a dump soon after and Talksport/Sky/the RS infiltrated and dominated media will eulogise about it being potentially 'Dump of the Year'.

Could do without the RS still being there. I simply cannot trust Everton to overcome this shower in a knockout situation, especially not at the SF/Final stage.

Got to play full strength vs Boro, then see who we draw in the semi, and judge the 2nd leg team on the result of the 1st leg. But I think we need to be playing full strength for the remainder of this tournament.

We should be right now yes.

Obviously in the bigger picture it shouldn't really affect us with it being only a few games, but yeah, Until it changes our focus should be winning the league cup.

*Even though it is a meaningless trophy*

Sorry lads but I just can't get involved with the love in for the league cup. Yeah it might be a cup but if winning the league cup cost us a top 4 spot I'd be gutted. I'd be playing my full strength in the league first, don't get me wrong I'd love us to win silverware but getting champs league must be a priority, I reckon we've got the squad to do it as well.

Lets be honest its a NEA cup, the prestige and income from the champs league and even the FA cup far outweigh the mediocre content I would get from winning the league cup.

I don't care how mickey mouse others - largely those knocked out already - consider the Capital One Cup, it's a trophy, it's a Wembley day out, it's the gateway to Europe and win and we'll be the BIG news for once.

Albeit probably only for five minutes... as Klippity will probably take a dump soon after and Talksport/Sky/the RS infiltrated and dominated media will eulogise about it being potentially 'Dump of the Year'.

Just snotted everywhere at that last bit

We should be right now yes.

Obviously in the bigger picture it shouldn't really affect us with it being only a few games, but yeah, Until it changes our focus should be winning the league cup.

*Even though it is a meaningless trophy*

It's not meaningless. It has been tarnished by other managers (Wenger etc) sullying it by sticking out youth teams.

Lets compare with the FA Cup:

Final at Wembley: CHECK
EL spot: CHECK
Contains all professional sides: CHECK

In fact, the non-league sides watering down the pool at the bottom end actually make it statistically easier to progress to the QFs and beyond in the FA Cup than the League Cup. For that reason alone winning the LC should actually attract more praise than winning the FA Cup!

Absolutely need to jib off the 2-leg semi though.

Status
Not open for further replies.