Forest fan - 20th April, we need to do something

I wish Luton could relegate us both.

I can also see you are at the mercy of a not fit for purpose owner, but as others will point out more eloquently you had your chance for some solidarity but you chose, as a fanbase, to mock us instead.

Cheers for the sentiment, hope you go bust.

Certainly not me and not the whole fan base. Since we faced the charge in January, every game we've been to away we've had the cheat songs directed at us. People who chant that aren't reflective of the whole club.

I think it's a good sentiment but your fans need to show the same public outrage at the city ground that Evertonians showed at goodison.
Forest fans were knobs at the city ground match but the top six/PL types would much prefer we squabble amongst ourselves than take a joint stand against them so for that reason I hope something happens.

A few fans not reflective of the club called you cheats, certainly not me. I actually think one of the reasons they gave us 4 points and you 6 was because they wanted this squabbling to take place between us.

Think the majority of replies to my original post are intent on labelling me ‘hypocritical’ or a ‘scab’. Had to reiterate a few times that I’ve never called Everton fans cheat or sung the poverty chants.

As for FFP, I think your second points deduction will be low, maybe 3 points but like you’ve said, you’ll have to sell players in the summer by 30th and sell them cheaply, which in the long term does not help you meet the PSR rules, as you’re not generating the revenue needed to be sustainable - it’s farcical and even worse when Man City can operate with free reign.
Saw an article in the athletic recently (can’t link due to paywall), discussing some recent research by the university of Exeter on football and football fans. Anyways, was quite complex but the findings concluded that all Forest fans are sweaty Tory gimps who like the smell of their family member’s feet.
Will see if I can link without paywall.

Think the majority of replies to my original post are intent on labelling me ‘hypocritical’ or a ‘scab’. Had to reiterate a few times that I’ve never called Everton fans cheat or sung the poverty chants.

As for FFP, I think your second points deduction will be low, maybe 3 points but like you’ve said, you’ll have to sell players in the summer by 30th and sell them cheaply, which in the long term does not help you meet the PSR rules, as you’re not generating the revenue needed to be sustainable - it’s farcical and even worse when Man City can operate with free reign.
I once worked with a Forest fan who was a really good lad, and I could never imagine him being disrespectful to anyone. I suspect you are more like him than the tribalists who mocked our current plight, but you were always on a loser coming on here.

I still can't understand why Forest have copped a lighter sentence, you didn't seem to have any strong mitigating factors, but our board have obviously upset the PL and they appear to hold a grudge. The inconsistency rankles so there is little chance of solidarity between the two sets of supporters.

I once worked with a Forest fan who was a really good lad, and I could never imagine him being disrespectful to anyone. I suspect you are more like him than the tribalists who mocked our current plight, but you were always on a loser coming on here.

I still can't understand why Forest have copped a lighter sentence, you didn't seem to have any strong mitigating factors, but our board have obviously upset the PL and they appear to hold a grudge. The inconsistency rankles so there is little chance of solidarity between the two sets of supporters.

That's my point as well - the inconsistency is incredibly frustrating to the extent that they seem to make the rules up as they go along. I post on a lot of forums for different teams and have never received this kind of backlash before. I'm used to it as I often get racial abuse directed at me, so this sort of stuff is quite mild tbh. I'm going to ask admins to remove the discussion, because other moronic forest fans have started joining it and are just hurling abuse, which was never my intention.

Premier league don't care what us or forest fans think.
They are making this up as they go along.
We are getting done twice Forest once under a rule they acknowledge isn't working that's why it will disappear after next season.
If it was in any way fair they would just fine us both what we have been over for and go under the same rules as everyone else going forwards.
They wouldn't do that as none of there so called big six are involved.

That's my point as well - the inconsistency is incredibly frustrating to the extent that they seem to make the rules up as they go along. I post on a lot of forums for different teams and have never received this kind of backlash before. I'm used to it as I often get racial abuse directed at me, so this sort of stuff is quite mild tbh. I'm going to ask admins to remove the discussion, because other moronic forest fans have started joining it and are just hurling abuse, which was never my intention.
Sorry it panned out so badly. I wish you well, your team not so much if we are still slugging it out after our next deduction.

Interesting thread this. Forty years ago, Notts people did stuff that led to hundreds of towns and villages elsewhere having their oxygen supply cut off abruptly (rather than slowly and with the chance to evolve along with the changes).

Forty years later it still burns people enough to hurl abuse at Forest fans on a football forum, and I'm all for that. I never want the scab-riddled scum to forget either.

Sorry it panned out so badly. I wish you well, your team not so much if we are still slugging it out after our next deduction.

Nice one - it was this sort of discussion I wanted, the Premier League is a better place with Everton in it. I wish you all the best for the season, apart from on 20th April, which is exactly how it should be :)

Interesting thread this. Forty years ago, Notts people did stuff that led to hundreds of towns and villages elsewhere having their oxygen supply cut off abruptly (rather than slowly and with the chance to evolve along with the changes).

Forty years later it still burns people enough to hurl abuse at Forest fans on a football forum, and I'm all for that. I never want the scab-riddled scum to forget either.

As a political discussion it's quite interesting. As a Forest fan who was born in the nineties, events 40 years ago happened without any input from me, but it does appear to have prevented a discussion about FFP.

Premier league don't care what us or forest fans think.
They are making this up as they go along.
We are getting done twice Forest once under a rule they acknowledge isn't working that's why it will disappear after next season.
If it was in any way fair they would just fine us both what we have been over for and go under the same rules as everyone else going forwards.
They wouldn't do that as none of there so called big six are involved.

Excellent response and the kind of discussion point I wanted to generate, thank you for engaging.

Never once called you cheats and never once sung the poverty chants. Problem with posting something as an individual is that any ill feeling towards the club is directed at the individual.

If the direction of this discussion is to label me as a ‘scab’ etc no problem - I wanted to generate a discussion about FFP, as I’m concerned about the future of the game.

No ill feeling from me as an individual person towards Everton

Fair enough if you've never partaken in such chants mate, but stuff like poverty chanting needs to be called out from within the fanbase. If you hear it, tell them to shut up. Even if they're your mates.

Forest consensus went from....

1710931006805.png

... to

1710931044435.png

The tribalism in football has allowed a monopoly in the game.

We didn't have any Forest fans signing up after Everton's deduction - only after Forest were charged.