Forest fan - 20th April, we need to do something

lostthatlovinfeelin

Player Valuation: £100k
Not going to bore you with the details of our FFP case and I must admit I can only go off what I've read online with regards to your current predicament. I think most Forest fans will happily admit that we spent frivolously and we were a little naive. However, we have a very ambitious owner and given that there was huge gap to make up in the step up to the Premier League, there was always a danger we would fall foul of the rules. The alternative is to not invest and have a Sheffield United type season.

There's also no point arguing over who should have more points taken off; it doesn't really make sense that you had 6 and we had 4; but we all know the FFP bosses make the rules up as they go.

One point that we can all agree on is that the current rules and the future rules simply protect the cartel and the so called 'bigger' clubs. Everton and Forest are two proper old fashioned English clubs; both steeped in a rich history with excellent fans... and also have a shared hatred to another team who play in red!

We have an opportunity on 20th April to do something; whether it be a mutual banner, a protest on a certain minute of the game... something that can unite both set of fans and send a message to the PL. I know it will make no difference, but we have to do something for the game we all love. As a side note, it will actually be my first trip to Goodison, so looking forward to the game and hoping that Luton just fade away, so neither team has anything to worry about.

Not going to bore you with the details of our FFP case and I must admit I can only go off what I've read online with regards to your current predicament. I think most Forest fans will happily admit that we spent frivolously and we were a little naive. However, we have a very ambitious owner and given that there was huge gap to make up in the step up to the Premier League, there was always a danger we would fall foul of the rules. The alternative is to not invest and have a Sheffield United type season.

There's also no point arguing over who should have more points taken off; it doesn't really make sense that you had 6 and we had 4; but we all know the FFP bosses make the rules up as they go.

One point that we can all agree on is that the current rules and the future rules simply protect the cartel and the so called 'bigger' clubs. Everton and Forest are two proper old fashioned English clubs; both steeped in a rich history with excellent fans... and also have a shared hatred to another team who play in red!

We have an opportunity on 20th April to do something; whether it be a mutual banner, a protest on a certain minute of the game... something that can unite both set of fans and send a message to the PL. I know it will make no difference, but we have to do something for the game we all love. As a side note, it will actually be my first trip to Goodison, so looking forward to the game and hoping that Luton just fade away, so neither team has anything to worry about.
Nice sentiment but I think you urinated on your own chips at the City Ground in December when you had the perfect opportunity to show some solidarity with Everton’s plight.
It was pretty clear that Forest would be in breach but your fans chose to try and demonise our club and fans…you reap what you sow.

Are you planning any protests against the PL and the deduction at your next home game or are you going to leave it to Everton fans (again) to do all the heavy lifting?

I’ll preface this by saying I don’t think either club should have gotten a points deduction, BUT…

In a world where we’d already been given a 10pt deduction which we had to fight tooth and nail and wait like 4 months or something to get it reduced to 6, how anyone involved with Forest (whether as a fan or working at the club) can be doing anything other than thanking their lucky stars (and their legal team) right now is beyond me.

Hope youse get relegated regardless, you horrible cheats.

I wish Luton could relegate us both.

I can also see you are at the mercy of a not fit for purpose owner, but as others will point out more eloquently you had your chance for some solidarity but you chose, as a fanbase, to mock us instead.

Cheers for the sentiment, hope you go bust.

I think it's a good sentiment but your fans need to show the same public outrage at the city ground that Evertonians showed at goodison.
Forest fans were knobs at the city ground match but the top six/PL types would much prefer we squabble amongst ourselves than take a joint stand against them so for that reason I hope something happens.