flying banners

Straight or Wavy?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it that almost every single fan like activity is just derided as 'embarrassing' by a group of blues who seem to think being an Evertonian amounts to sitting there doing nothing.

Complaining about blatantly unjust refereeing decisions - embarrassing. Complaining about media representation of Everton - embarassing. Expressing an opinion that we deserved more than we got in certain games v top 4 sides - embarassing. Any song related to any player -embarrassing, cringy. Any booing - embarassing. Any protests -embarassing. Any displays of support for managers or board members - embarassing, small time.

Some people seem to have forgotten that this was the club that fired managers in the back of taxis, sold off league winning players when they no longer suited the team, threw cushions at soon to be title winners, daubed Kendall out on the wall of our most successful manager, have boycotted Goodison in our thousands many times in the past. We used to do anything for success but now as soon as you express an opinion that's different to the one the sky media have spoon fed you it only takes a few minutes before someone inevitably calls you embarassing.

The only embarassing thing about Everton is that we've gone 20 years without a trophy and only now are fans starting to voice their discontent. Any other big club set of fans would never have waited so long. Least we could all laugh at them being embarrassing though...

My thoughts exactly. What is most annoying is that the ones that come up with..........
"You're a kopite" "Why do you support Everton?" "You're a disgrace" "It's embarrassing".

Are normally the most uninformed Evertonians with absolutely no argument other than the above quotes.

[QUOTE="maccavennie, post: 3774265, member: 20543"]That's not surprising though is it because from the outside looking in we probably do look like a well run club. It's only when you dig a little deeper you can really see the cracks that have been there for years and years.

Ask any outsider why we lost the King's Dock stadium and I'm 99% sure no one will put Bill at the front of the line when dishing out blame.
Listened to James Richardson's 'Football Weekly' podcast yesterday. One of the pundits was openly critical of the protest but Barry Glaendenning admitted that while Kenwright seemed to him to be a good Chairman and with Everton's best interests at heart, fans could easily counter that by saying it was a lot of good PR. And basically he didn't know enough about the situation.
Not a lot but at least he admitted he didn't know enough rather than just agreeing with the other guy and saying ''yeah, what do they want?''

It does beg the question why are no journalists investigating. They tend to either form a superficial (outside looking in) opinion or take dictation from club press offices.[/QUOTE]

That was the embarrassment in that interview with Paul. Ian Wright has that attitude and knows sod all about our club.

Why is it that almost every single fan like activity is just derided as 'embarrassing' by a group of blues who seem to think being an Evertonian amounts to sitting there doing nothing.

Complaining about blatantly unjust refereeing decisions - embarrassing. Complaining about media representation of Everton - embarassing. Expressing an opinion that we deserved more than we got in certain games v top 4 sides - embarassing. Any song related to any player -embarrassing, cringy. Any booing - embarassing. Any protests -embarassing. Any displays of support for managers or board members - embarassing, small time.

Some people seem to have forgotten that this was the club that fired managers in the back of taxis, sold off league winning players when they no longer suited the team, threw cushions at soon to be title winners, daubed Kendall out on the wall of our most successful manager, have boycotted Goodison in our thousands many times in the past. We used to do anything for success but now as soon as you express an opinion that's different to the one the sky media have spoon fed you it only takes a few minutes before someone inevitably calls you embarassing.

The only embarassing thing about Everton is that we've gone 20 years without a trophy and only now are fans starting to voice their discontent. Any other big club set of fans would never have waited so long. Least we could all laugh at them being embarrassing though...
Nail. On. Head.

Made me laugh before the S'ton game seeing fans calling it kopite behaviour/pointless/embarrassing.

The aim was to bring some media attention to our situation.

Before the plane we had 0 media outlets talking about it.
After the plane it was featured on every sports news outlet.

It's not the complete answer or job done. But it's a great start to making a difference.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum still means something to me, sadly i think too many have forgotten what it means.

Nail. On. Head.

Made me laugh before the S'ton game seeing fans calling it kopite behaviour/pointless/embarrassing.

The aim was to bring some media attention to our situation.

Before the plane we had 0 media outlets talking about it.
After the plane it was featured on every sports news outlet.

It's not the complete answer or job done. But it's a great start to making a difference.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum still means something to me, sadly i think too many have forgotten what it means.
It certainly doesn't mean flying a banner from the back of a plane, purporting to show a message that has the backing of all Evertonians.

So whats innit

the-moyes-out-plane-banner-is-real-and-it-looks-like-this.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.