First time visitor to Goodison looking for advice about where to sit

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Emmagood

Hi all,
My husband and I, long time Everton supporters, are coming to Liverpool for the first time from the US to see Everton v. Man City. Where should we try to sit/stand? We're ok with standing for the match if that's the best atmosphere. It looks like there are a lot of obstructed views, so not sure where is best.
Any advice appreciated!
Emma

New poster (check)
Evertonian (check)
Female (check)
from the U.S (check)
Love the name Emma (check) its so....... innocent

You're married (FFS !)

Lower Bullens right at the back i'd recommend.

Thanks all! I'm thinking lower gwladys, but looks like the only seats available are in the back couple rows and all have obstructed views. How badly obstructed are they?

Thanks all! I'm thinking lower gwladys, but looks like the only seats available are in the back couple rows and all have obstructed views. How badly obstructed are they?

street.jpg

Oooh...I see why they're available. Where can I get tickets for the front of the gwladys, nearer the pitch, or am I SOL?

I would guess that most of the front are season tickets Emma. As an overseas visitor, it is always contacting the club about your trip. They have been known to help out.

Look also in the match ticket thread. Two park end tickets being offered. Less noisy usually than the Street end but no obstructions.

Everton v Man City

You will get a good view of the pitch from the Park End at one end of the pitch - although many people prefer to watch the match from the side of the pitch. There are still two pairs of seats in PE7. Low down at the front, you can get a closer view of the players. High up at the back, you are further from the action, but get a better view of the game itself.

But be aware that the Manchester City Fans in the Lower and Upper Bullens Stand will not be far away from you. There will be some chanting from them - it may be noisy but you won't be in any danger. Otherwise look for two seats close together in another section of the Park End.

If you want a really good view of the game, there are some 'obstructed view' seats in the Main Stand MS3; Row AA Seats 112, 113, 114, 115 and the seats behind them in Row BB. These seats are close to the halfway line, and right behind the press box, now called the media centre, where the reporters and commentators sit.

However, there is a thin column that obstructs the view of the goalmouth and goal net at each end. But you can probably see most of the action if you lean forwards or sideways. You will be able to see the action replays on the two large screens in the arena, and you can sometimes see the replays on the TV screens in the press box too. I've chosen to sit in these seats on several occasions.

About half an hour before kick-off, all the players come out to warm up for about twenty minutes. The opponents warm up in front of the Park End, and in front of their own fans too. You can watch this, or spend the time with the crowds under the stand with a drink and a snack. You can't take alcoholic drinks or bottles into the seating areas. And you can't smoke anywhere inside the ground either.

Status
Not open for further replies.