First game advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToffeeNugget

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
Hi Guys,

My 8 year old son is Everton mad and I am bringing him up for his first game tomorrow against Arsenal. We are going to get up there a couple of hours before kick off so that he can soak in the atmosphere and have a walk around and get a good feel of the place.

I have been reading around the net on places to park, it seems the best place is to pay a fiver and park at Stanley Park or Walton Sports Centre? Is this right or are there any better places. Some sites say Stanley Park is a nightmare to get out of after the game, bearing in mind we have got to get back to Birmingham would the sports centre be better?

Also any recommendations on where to grab some food before the game and any other must dos for a first time visitor?

Thanks for any help.

PS - I am a Villa fan myself, and have tried like you wouldn't believe to turn the kid into a Villain but for some reason he has been crazy for Everton for a couple of years now!!

Hi mate, if i were you, i'd use the park and ride at Aintree and get the train to Kirkdale. It's only a 10 minute walk from the station to the ground, your car is safe in Aintree and you can make a decent getaway after the game

Walton Sports centre would be your best bet imo, Stanley Park is a nightmare as the police control the traffic lights around the park after games.

At least he's not Villa

I miss Damon ffs.

Dunno, never take my car to the game when I come down as I'm invariably rat arsed.

Hope your lad enjoys the game, and hopefully you'll see the light and start following Everton instead.

I park in the school normally it's a couple of quid never had trouble there, 5 mins from ground.

Walton Sports Centre is your best bet too, I'd say.

There is not an awful lot food wise but there is a Wetherspoon/McDonalds/Subway and some cafes on County Road.

If you get there early enough 2 hours/2 hours 15mins or so before kick off you could get down to the Park End car park and meet the players as they arrive.

Hope he has fun and enjoys an Everton win :)

Status
Not open for further replies.