fiorentina manny the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandman

Player Valuation: £225k
I have read with some interest the articles from last thurs what most people have missed is Cahills poor performance and blame nev which is not justified if
you watch the game again you will see yakubu isolated time and time again
with no support from Cahill which ment we lost posession to easy so pienar and
ossi never got past their markers to link up with him if Cahill had helped yak
more we would have got into some dangerous positions and had some shots and
we did neither . So a quiet lescot poor cahill poor yobbo and two centre mid
giving away possesion was our downfall I think with A J we would have pushed higher up the pitch kept better possesion and had a few shots on goal our best
player was the keeper which tells us every thing.We must start wed game 4 4 2
and play a high tempo game as with the bayern munich game we have to control the game early on and if it does not work in the first half I.E 0.0 we
should play 4 3 3 second half . It might have been a totally different story if
manny was playing well but ime sure Davey thinks hes a liability at the minute
WE NEED THE SUPPORTERS TO BE THE TWELFTH MAN ON WEDNESDAY COME
ON LADS LOOK AT THE [Poor language removed] THEY CAME BACK FROM 3 DOWN

and what about Manny, at what point has he played better than anyone??

Different kind of player though isn't he? In the Premier League keeping the ball isn't as important as the other team are generally just as bad so you get it back quite quickly. Against Sunderland for instance our pass completion percentage was around 68%. Spurs et al regularly get above 80% and in Europe that's the kind of thing we need to be aiming for. In that context Manny would be much better than Neville or Carsley.

Secondly you have to consider the refereeing in Europe. He crucified us in Florence. Any kind of physical contact was blown up for and tackling was practically outlawed. With tackling being the main attribute of Carsley/Neville this practically ruled them both impotent.

Thirdly we have four defenders, who I suspect by their own admission aren't great on the ball. If you have midfielders comfortable on the ball then it gives defenders an option to play it short, confident that they won't end up losing the ball and giving the attack a clean run on the defence. In Florence we didn't have that, so the defence were constantly pumping long balls up to Yakubu, who I don't think won a header all night.

Having Arteta back would clearly help but I think Manny would have been very valuable against Fiorentina too, simply because he's much better on the ball than either Carsley or Neville.

In an idealistic world, Manny would fulfill his potential, come back on wednesday to see us over turn our deficit and carry us all the way to the UEFA Cup final and 4th spot.

Unfortunately, this is reality. As much as i think Manny has potential and there is a good player there he has not shown it at all since he came back for his second spell. Can we start him in this game and expect him to shine? Cant see it

You just could'nt risk playing this lad on wednesdsy, you don't know what you'll get from him.

One wednesday, we nedd 11 captins,11 leaders,11 heros 11 players fighting together for the same corse. Manny just is'nt this typ of player. He's a loner, its no coincedense that he can't settle anywere.

I would have him no-were near the 1st team, an the quicker he's gone the better.

it does your head in because IF he was a team player and IF he put the effort in EVERY match he would be one of the best players in the world. We'd be building a team around him I wonder what he's thinking will happen if he doesn't impress here.

We definitely wont take him, the rest of the premiership have showed absolutely no interest in the ********. You do wonder if he is actually thinking about his future in the game because I really don't see any top club taking him in. He'll always be known as the "great risk" never sure whether your getting the world beater or the Injury-feigning ****.

What a shame because he is so talented, I think it will probably take an extended time out of football for him to realise that he's blowing his chances. Only problem is by the time he's realised it'll be too late for him.

I agree cal but its about holding the ball up front so the midfield can get forward but for this game Iwould have him to come on fresh if we are chaseing the game it means we will be pumping the ball into their box this is where cahil is at his best its about a one off game
with the right tactics not about who has been playing well they will come to defend for the first half and will pack their box so we need to coax them out and get the ball to a j
maybe davey will surprise us all and play 4 3 3 from the off

I agree cal but its about holding the ball up front so the midfield can get forward but for this game Iwould have him to come on fresh if we are chaseing the game it means we will be pumping the ball into their box this is where cahil is at his best its about a one off game
with the right tactics not about who has been playing well they will come to defend for the first half and will pack their box so we need to coax them out and get the ball to a j

Ha, it is Moyesy we're talking about. mind you I wouldn't want us to play 4-3-3 we concede and we're buggered. Go for the jugular, but only in enough numbers.

I pray that our 4 - 2 - 2 - 2 tactic will pay off infront of a packed home crowd, aslong as the ref doesn't mind the game getting a bit rough we'll do these.

Get Cahill to snap Pasquale, and carsley and Neville to ruffle a few of these ponces up and we'll do them.

Cahill will add that extra bite though, and he is a massive player for us in big games, he has a good record in big games.

He's a massive player for us and should be a guarenteed starter, he has improved in a 4-4-2 aswell.

Different kind of player though isn't he? In the Premier League keeping the ball isn't as important as the other team are generally just as bad so you get it back quite quickly. Against Sunderland for instance our pass completion percentage was around 68%. Spurs et al regularly get above 80% and in Europe that's the kind of thing we need to be aiming for. In that context Manny would be much better than Neville or Carsley.

Secondly you have to consider the refereeing in Europe. He crucified us in Florence. Any kind of physical contact was blown up for and tackling was practically outlawed. With tackling being the main attribute of Carsley/Neville this practically ruled them both impotent.

Thirdly we have four defenders, who I suspect by their own admission aren't great on the ball. If you have midfielders comfortable on the ball then it gives defenders an option to play it short, confident that they won't end up losing the ball and giving the attack a clean run on the defence. In Florence we didn't have that, so the defence were constantly pumping long balls up to Yakubu, who I don't think won a header all night.

Having Arteta back would clearly help but I think Manny would have been very valuable against Fiorentina too, simply because he's much better on the ball than either Carsley or Neville.

Ok now, just stop it.

We'll have no more reasoned and sensible posts on the subject of one Manny Fernandes.

With as much that's been discussed about him, he should have his own sticky or better, his own forum on GOT.

Ok now, just stop it.

We'll have no more reasoned and sensible posts on the subject of one Manny Fernandes.

With as much that's been discussed about him, he should have his own sticky or better, his own forum on GOT.

discussing his effectiveness against Fiorentina is pretty much useless anyway because Moyes has come out and said he's not avialable.

Status
Not open for further replies.